The Android thread

200GB cap for mobile? Why even have one at that point? That even covers usage for most homes.

At max I need 5 days to use that with my home connection with torrents running 24/7. That's either a mistake and he meant MB or his ISP is really really stupid.

Another note about the Pyramid; it better have bluetooth 4.0, as should all bluetooth enabled devices.

200GB cap for mobile? Why even have one at that point? That even covers usage for most homes.

I was talking about my normal internet, my mobile is 1gb

Angry Birds Rio, sometimes the golden fruit is directly above you... which doesn't work on my phone.

At max I need 5 days to use that with my home connection with torrents running 24/7. That's either a mistake and he meant MB or his ISP is really really stupid.

yeah except I have to go to work all day and I simply do not have time to download that much or watch/play, so to me it's totally irrelevent having much more mb (which are available)

Hmm... Google is refusing to release the source for Honeycomb... Come on, Google, don't go back on your word.

apparently the x10 will be upgraded to gingerbread later this year @@

I hope when all the HTC phones are upgraded to 2.3, they'll get the new Sense. Well, they will one way or another. :p

Sense was great back on Android 2.1, but now on 2.3 I really don't miss it much.... Especially since Cyanogen seems to have found some hack to get Flash working (maybe ported the HTC Flash Player?). I'm not sure Sense adds all that much to the current Android versions. I do miss the widgets but of course there are plenty of others to go around.

EDIT: maybe it's the fact that Cyanogen is the closest I've ever been to "stock Android." I really don't know exactly which features are attributed to generic Gingerbread or not...

Last edited:
I want CM now, but I don't know what to do about my borked recovery. Maybe there's some way to adb it on there?

smib: I suggest you go to irc.freenode.net #android-root and ask there. That's how I got my stuff sorted.

Is it supposed to require registration? I can't even see motd.