Clarkson: Clarkson admits he drove at 186mph on public road

I've done 140mph on public roads....

in the right car...highspeeds are cakewalk.

it's just how much balls/ovaries YOU'VE got that makes the difference.

lol

I suspect Jezza was taking the piss when he claimed to do 186mph in that tunnel in central London ... surely it would be impossible to do that kind of speed ANYWHERE in London, even if you wanted to.

That said, so what if Jezza's done that kind of speed on a public road? If it was an autobahn, or somewhere like the Northern Territory (Australia) prior to the introduction of speed limits in 2007, there'd be no problem at all..

Either way, it's typical Daily Fail horseshit. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
This have now reached norwegian newspapers, and the leader for the "safe traffic" (or something) organisation over here is running around in circles.

Doh. I can't see how this can make news anywhere outside the UK. I mean in Germany people drive that fast everyday and noone gives a damn.

Didn't he say about the 186 mph thing though that it may or may not have been him lol.

I don't care, Jeremy isn't stupid (Well...not that stupid ;)) I doubt he did 180+ outside a school while laughing at dead kids.

Also, yet again: Dailymail........:lol: Its cute how the Daily Mail think there a real newspaper, not something I wouldn't even let my chips sit in like they really are.

He never said the public roads were restricted, did he? Maybe he meant he did 186 in the SLR in Germany. :p

Can anyone recall the episode of QI where Jeremy claimed to have been in Amsterdam sampling both the drugs and the prostitutes? Did anyone believe that? Does anyone believe this?

Also, yet again: Dailymail........:lol: Its cute how the Daily Mail think there a real newspaper, not something I wouldn't even let my chips sit in like they really are.

My cats find the Daily Mail is very absorbant in their litter trays. Keeps the odour down too - just a little tip for anyone who might have a cat, especially ones called Fusker.

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has admitted driving at an incredible 186mph on public roads!

Well if the UK had the foresight of Germany and built some proper roads then this wouldn't matter, its not his fault the UK have rubbish roads.

I'm all for the anachist attitude, but i have to say as somebody who probably goes well over the limit on a daily basis, and has many friends who do so and have never crashed (actually my only friends who have never crashed) i just would like to add the whole "how big are you balls" thing is bullshit, if what your doing is above your head and scary, then its obviously dangerous. Speed alone isn't always dangerous, its not knowing how to handle speed and being outside your limit where you get problem, that goes for any type of quick driving.

As somebody who loves to hear Clarkson admit to his 186mph adventures (i thought it was in a Countach?) i just want to say, I'm fine if you keep the pedal to the floor, but for the love of all thats holy, and our lifestyle, keep it safe!

I've done about 135 in my civic (which is pretty damn fast for a civic) with some more left in it. I rode shotgun in a 2004 Cobra at 160mph. Tunnel vision.

I've only done around 110 mph in my 626, but around 140 mph in the RX-8.

Wow, he even specified which bit of road.
I'm sure all this 'he's gonna get fired' rubbish is just rubbish

even if he did and he got caught and he lost his licence, they still wouldn't sue him. What he does in his private time is his business...