My photographic quest (quite exciting)

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
Well to start my story, last night I went over to my good friends house to just hang out with my friends. There is usually like 6 other people over there, and last night was no exception.

The conversation with this group always strays widely and before long it got onto the topic of animals, not sure how, but it did. Come to find out, there is supposedly a genuine, wild, black panther living in the small Texas town where I live. I of course thought it was a hoax, sure that no big cats live in Texas.

So when I got home, I got on the good old internet, and researched it. Sure enough, the North American Black Panther is native to, among other places, north Texas. Also, and just as intriguing, none has ever been photographed in the wild. This got me very excited, especially since another close friend of mine owns about 100 acres in the vicinity that the nocturnal beast has been sighted before.

So naturally, my human reaction is to find it. I'm not sure if photographing it with my camera will be possible, since they rarely make an appearance during the day. But I do have a night vision security camera that I could presumably place near some raw meat strategically placed, and see what happens. Or I could just go out in the day and peer up into some trees in hopes of finding it (and also in hopes that it doesn't see me!) If I do actively search for it, my friend that owns the property will probably accompany me with his Ak47, just in case.

Has anybody ever done wild animal photography before? I'm very excited.

An example picture.
Blackleopard.JPG

Or I could just go out in the day and peer up into some trees in hopes of finding it ... my friend that owns the property will probably accompany me with his Ak47 ...

This can only end well.

You know what this needs at the start?

'Wild animal photography - How hard can it be?'

Sound like a good quest though, just don't get maimed or shot. We won't get to see the photos then.

You know what this needs at the start?

'Wild animal photography - How hard can it be?'

Sound like a good quest though, just don't get maimed or shot. We won't get to see the photos then.

If a mod would like to change the title...I wouldn't mind :)