Post Your Launch

Olie

Car(s)
Evo 8MR
Mods: Please move if this is in the incorrect area.

Basically a place to post pictures/videos of you launching your car.

This does also include you launching other cars/karts/bikes if you wish to.

I'll start with one that I made for another forum with a similar thread.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1646733

~15mb in H.264

please note that mine is unexciting due to the desperate requirement for a new clutch.

Last edited:
^ He said launch not lunch :lol:

What do you mean by launching? You launch boats, but I've never heard someone talk about launching a car before, they would get all wet.

Unless you mean 'driving off'. 'Spose that's where launch control came from.

May I ask what is so interesting to see at a car launching? Does it have to be with wheelspin? Because if not, they're all the same. The engine noise could be good too, if you have a V8 or something.

^ I'm pretty sure Launches are cool because you get to see how fast somebody else's car is from a standstill

I've got a 0-60 of the buick somewhere that I should look for...

you ever watch a drag car launch? it can be fun.
attachment.php

You know whats interesting?

that building in the back ground is my school, that Seney Clock tower at Oxford College of Emory University...

We see tons of those General Lee's around school once in a while!

a good launch requires a great deal of throttle and clutch modulation. And every car is different. Getting the most out of an engine at a launch is hard, and thats why its nice to watch/do.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEy_r3G7zKA[/youtube]
I'm still working out a few kinks in my technique, yo.

[youtube]sEy_r3G7zKA[/youtube]
I'm still working out a few kinks in my technique, yo.

found it very amusing, the engine stall at the end is the best part :lol:

Well, to post the first serious reply, here's my attempt at a hillclimb course in my family saloon. At the start is an uphill launch @ 5000-ish rpm:

[youtube]mIKgCSd39T0[/youtube]

actually its not bent, thats one side of the suspension unloading as it launches, happens with a solid axle and a 4 link. hell my jeep does it if I pop the clutch in first. One side will unload to the oppisite side and then it straightens out. granted this one should have a higher spring rate on that side since its a dedicated drag car.

[YOUTUBE]DZMV-u50g_A[/YOUTUBE]