CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
... and I think it looks great.

http://img204.imageshack.**/img204/2676/x10cact0011280ol2.jpg
http://img356.imageshack.**/img356/7161/x10cact0021280be6.jpg
http://img356.imageshack.**/img356/9048/x10cact0031280rz0.jpg

Please note the spelling, this a Cadillac and not a VW, therefore it's "Sport Wagon" rather than "SportWagen". What we have here is the result of a fission reaction on the Cadillac SRX. Seeing that the current "neither fish nor fowl" SRX crossover wasn't cutting it in the marketplace, General Motors' "Art and Science" brand has split its only CUV into two distinct vehicles. The old SRX was based on the CTS' Sigma platform but looked too car-like to be considered an SUV. At the same time it rode too high to be a car. Buyers who might have liked the wagon utility of the old SRX but are enamored with the style of the new CTS can now opt for the CTS Sport Wagon.

The Sport Wagon takes the largely acclaimed styling of the CTS and adds a rear hatch allowing much more stuff to be carried. The design team led by Clay Dean has done more than just graft a longer roof onto the sedan. They extended the roof-line back and the tail-lights up to the roof, as well as adding hidden rails in the roof line. The V shape of the grille is also replicated in the contours of the tailgate. The wagon ends up with 25 cu. ft. of cargo space behind the seats. Cadillac expects about 60 percent of CTS sales in Europe will be the wagon while only 20 percent of Americans will opt for the new body style when it goes on sale in the spring of 2009.

I can't wait for the CTS-V wagon to come out to challenge the M5, E63, and RS6.

PRESS RELEASE
CTS SPORT WAGON: CADILLAC'S RENAISSANCE TAKES A NEW FORM

Dramatically Designed Alternative to Larger Vehicles Makes Debut at Pebble Beach

PEBBLE BEACH , Calif. ? Amidst the beauty and history of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, Cadillac treats car enthusiasts to a world premiere of its latest production-car design. The 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon makes its debut this weekend on the Monterey Peninsula, showcasing a dramatic design that elevates and updates the classic wagon body style.

Not unlike many historic Cadillac designs, the new CTS Sport Wagon is an unmistakable and dynamic presence. The car's intricately cut rear profile injects fashion-forward design into the formerly utilitarian world of wagons. Cadillac's upcoming wagon offers ample interior space and includes a range of six-cylinder engine choices, making it a compelling alternative to larger utility vehicles.

Based on the hot-selling CTS sport sedan, and a sister vehicle to the CTS Coupe Concept, the Sport Wagon extends the design-driven renaissance of Cadillac. Following this special premiere at Pebble Beach, the CTS Sport Wagon moves to the worldwide auto show circuit this fall ? and into to Cadillac dealerships in spring 2009.....

more are http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/15/embargo-8-15-pebble-beach-2008-cadillac-unveils-2010-cts-v-spo/

Badass!

Looks better in silver, though. And yeah, those C-pillars really are massive.

Edit: technically, they're D-pillars, if I want to be pedantic...

Last edited:
And yeah, those C-pillars really are massive.

Just slightly
http://img176.imageshack.**/img176/1636/medium2764172258e06e3ddzw6.jpg

interesting that they're applying the "sportwagon" name to it as well, maybe GM have a range of sportswagon's planned?

that C-pillar seems way too thick for my liking...

would make life rather very interesting if u need to reverse on ur driveway with kids around~ lol
but it also wouldn't look as bad-ass if it comes with bigger windows to make the C-pillar thinner...

that C-pillar seems way too thick for my liking...

would make life rather very interesting if u need to reverse on ur driveway with kids around~ lol
but it also wouldn't look as bad-ass if it comes with bigger windows to make the C-pillar thinner...

probably a reverse camera or something

Yeah I think the C-Pillar is the only thing that bothers me right now on that car. But damn that is one sexy looking car. Think it'll be a good sportstourer? It looks like an awesome roadtrip car.

Still not as cool as the commodore sportswagon.

Holy shit, that looks kinda cool! Looks like a scissor.

Call me boring - but I prefer the Holden Sportswagon:

9080229.008.Mini14L.jpg

OMG a good looking wagon from a US based company? What is the world comming to?!! *hides* :)

That's really nice looking, IMO. What's it going to cost in $?

One thing, this car could offer 500HP, 50MPG and cost half what a comperable BMW/Merc/Audi costs and still no one in Eurolandia would buy it.

Eh, too big of C-pillars and not a big fan of the taillights. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's ugly, but it's definitely no gorgeous car.

Woah, They totally nailed the rear end, all cars have fat pillars these days and this builds upon that.

Damn there are some nice angles in the back.

Eh, too big of C-pillars and not a big fan of the taillights. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's ugly, but it's definitely no gorgeous car.

Holy shit, that looks kinda cool! Looks like a scissor.

Call me boring - but I prefer the Holden Sportswagon:

9080229.008.Mini14L.jpg

i'm with you, I saw a calais-v sportswagon the other day on the Monash freeway and it looks pretty amazing

That's really nice looking, IMO. What's it going to cost in $?

One thing, this car could offer 500HP, 50MPG and cost half what a comperable BMW/Merc/Audi costs and still no one in Eurolandia would buy it.

You're wrong. If a car REALLY outclasses all its competition, word gets around. If it's a somewhat better deal / only marginally better, people are gonna stick with the tried-and-true.

Oh good, just in time to fill the gap left by the departing Dodge Magnum. Sad, I rather liked that car; hopefully this one sticks around longer.

The back only seems slightly over styled imo. Kind of like the new TL really.