Why do people Hate Jeremy Clarkson?

Actually in my case it is more like a love/annoyance thing with about 90 % love and 10 % annoyance.

I love him for is political incorrectness, for his childlike nature, for the way he finds weaknesses in cars and speaks bluntly about it, for his obvious incorruptibility and his passionate personality.

He (sometimes) annoys me with his British chauvinism - which I think is not put on in his case. But then again: James is even worse at that :lol:

I think you'll find that most people either like Clarkson or simply dont have an opinion. Its just the vocal minority who feel compulsed to open their wide mouths and give an uncalled for opinion nobody cares about. In his latest Times article, Clarkson writes about his frustration with these groups, putting into words what 90% of the general public are quietly thinking.

He's not a Mac either. Probably a linux....:p

Oooh no! He's definitely not linux!! James May is linux ... he'd be into an operating system you have to build yourself from bits of kernel you find around the interweb.

He's clearly DOS. Old, simple and constantly reminding you of your errors. :D

He's clearly DOS. Old, simple and constantly reminding you of your errors. :D

You're right! That really does fit perfectly, and DOS also inspires a great deal of swearing, irritation and/or annoyance. So if Clarkson's DOS and May's Linux, what does that make Hammond?

Just a knee jerk reaction to someone a given moron does not understand - hate, intolerance. That pretty much describes those individuals, who really hate JC. Plenty of stupid people in the world.
There is a difference between just not liking the guy because of some differences in the way one sees the world, and hating him to the point of really wanting to shut down his show, to terminate his media presence. That's what i call intolerance, lack of basic understanding of spoken and written word. Fortunately Jezza is liked by most sane normal folks, who also do not take everything he manages to say too seriously. Just look at the popularity of the show, of his books and dvd's.

JC - keep on fighting for freedom of speech, for humour, against pc bullshit which quite frankly is destroying today's civilisation :)

See, I would think that would make Hamster Windows Vista--nice to look at (especially with the Aero interface), but also a PITA for a lot of people.

Anyway, why do people hate Jezza? Because he has the bollocks to speak his mind without apology, plain and simple.

right now im writing on a little Dell Inspiron 9 mini with Linux Ubuntu with 32gb ssd, and it feels kinda hamstery to me. yep, definitely in the world of personal computing this setup would be Hamster. small, very portable and yet useful, surprisingly smart ;)

i think cuz he said the truth and the truth hurts so many people hate him for that. he doesn't just say ok this not good and i think it good be better. or something is not beautiful like when he said about Sarah Jessica Parker " she looks like a boiled horse" he could've said she's not beautiful but not he said it like it's. i can be sure that this is the main reason. anyway i like him for saying the truth. it really helps when you go and buy a car and remember what he said and it's like he said exactly

The country seems to be full (but is not - they just make too much noise and are too influential) of lefty faschists. People who have decided that there is only one view of the world and everyone else is wrong and should be suppressed and marginalised.

There plenty of reasons why people hate them, one of them is if Jeremy doesn't agree with something or doesn't like something he doesn't just say it and be done with it he then goes out of his way to rub people up the wrong way. Perfect example is on the Wirral, a lot of people work or have family who work at the local Vauxhall factory, when the new Vectra came out he slated it in a review, fair enough it was a bad car but obviously they were annoyed. Then a few months later he tested the sport version of the Vectra and gave it a bad review...then returned the car having crashed it, which made them hate him!

The same thing we like Jeremy for, his outspokenness and going over the top is also what makes people hate him, it isn't just that he is outspoken its also that he goes over the top and rubs people the wrong way.

Jeremy is who he is and he doesn't care if you don't like it. And he is in a position where he does not have to kiss ass. He says what he thinks and he is not shy about it.

Plus, you will always have professional victims who's sole job seems to be to get up in the morning looking for ways to prove to themselves that they are being persecuted and Jeremy has so many opinions, it is no wonder he offends someone with almost everything he says. But that is exactly why I do like him.

And let's face it, everything he says has a grain of truth to it.

I think a lot of it comes down to jealousy too. <---notice 2 o's.

You're right! That really does fit perfectly, and DOS also inspires a great deal of swearing, irritation and/or annoyance. So if Clarkson's DOS and May's Linux, what does that make Hammond?

Hammonds the stylish one who's most popular for being cute so he's obviously a mac:lol:

I would say because Jezza is rather outspoken. Than and the people that criticize him can't take criticism in the first place (such as ecomentalists)

But, (from what I read) macs don't crash .... I'd vote Windows ME for Hamster :whistle:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1392
may I introduce you to a kernal panic? :lol:
I've only done it to my computer 2x and one of the involved pirated software, that was also a hack of the system, so durrrr on my part.
The ones at school that are a couple years old I have done it twice in the last 2 weeks to though.

Hate Clarkson? Who could possibly hate Clarkson? :rolleyes:

Everyone these days seems to just be sheep, all of them have the same thoughts, opinions and what not. Baa. Baa...

If people have a problem with the things Clarkson says or does, they need to just get the hell over it. Why does everyone have to take everything so seriously? Its like no one has a sense of humor these days.

Personally, I love the great big oaf. He's such a kid, and I like that, it reminds me of my dad who still plays with R/C cars and such. Yeah, Jezza can be a bit irritating at times, but who isn't? I haven't met a single person who I haven't found annoying at one point in time.

The world needs to just lighten up. We need more Jeremy Clarksons. :lol:

Oh, and Hammond is definitely a Mac. Probably a Mac laptop or something - cute and popular for the looks and small size, but can crash unexpectedly. :D

I think you'll find that most people either like Clarkson or simply dont have an opinion. Its just the vocal minority who feel compulsed to open their wide mouths and give an uncalled for opinion nobody cares about. In his latest Times article, Clarkson writes about his frustration with these groups, putting into words what 90% of the general public are quietly thinking.
Here is that article, for those of you who want to read it.

Basically, because he is offensive, but people just can't seem to tell the difference between real meaning and just a bloody joke.

He isn't politically correct, which angers some people, and as I said many of the things he says he doesn't mean literally, or knows that they are not realistic (ie, getting rid of germany if the autobahns go away, fox-hunting, etc). And some of the things he DOES mean, like that the car is still the best form of transport, and that while environmentalism is good global warming is crap, he says because he believes it is true and doesn't want to have his opinions squashed.

And of course, people always hate successful people who keep their beliefs and global-warming-ists hate him because he thinks it's stupid. And both of these groups have strong presence, so there you go.

I like him, though. Don't always agree with him, but the fact that he says it regardless of what people want him to say is a testament to his character.