BMW X5M and X6M Confirmed (WE'RE DOOMED)

I saw an X5 today. The license plate cover said "I'm not speeding, I'm qualifying".

Yep, you're qualifying alright. Qualifying for insanity.

X5's are pretty impressive, or at least they were when they were new. I remember I got a ride in one a few years ago and was shocked that the X5 didn't feel like a wet marshmallow (like every other SUV I've been in prior to that). Sure it's pretty pointless as a vehicle, but it at least has driving dynamics covered.

so this is like a AMG ML55 but potentially faster??

It would only be ok if the X5M were anything like this.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3R6IfdhG2Q[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHGT7y_TPfk[/YOUTUBE]
^ Fun starts around 1:40

Or if it could do this
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV55l1Hl-iE[/YOUTUBE]

people get what people give money for,
it looks expensive, it's an suv, lot's of m badges, can easily distinguish your social status form everyone elses, that's what people wanna buy

people get what people give money for,
it looks expensive, it's an suv, lot's of m badges, can easily distinguish your social status form everyone elses, that's what people wanna buy

In other words, a car that says "IM BETTER THAN YOU!".

^ Except that everyone has one now, so people want a car that says 'I'M BETTER THA...OK so were the same then...'.

presonally, I don't see a problem with the X5M, it's just a Cayenne Turbo S, Q7 V12TDI, M63AMG competitor.. but X6M? The most pointless car in the world, just became even more pointless..

presonally, I don't see a problem with the X5M, it's just a Cayenne Turbo S, Q7 V12TDI, M63AMG competitor.. but X6M? The most pointless car in the world, just became even more pointless..
Is it a coupe, sedan, 4x4..... Wait a sec....

No but really i have no patience for vehicles like that. I don't really like the X5 either. Too many people buy it becuase its a beamer, not because its a good car, and that bugs me. Now the 3 series, thats a car!

i think this is where BMW marketing geniuses screwed themselves over, that or they just ran out of numbers when they started the X5 X6.

3 series, M version = M3
5 series, M version = M5

so logic would have it... that the X5, M version should be M X5 lol

i can't say i'm a fan so far... it just doesn't seem to make sense.

i think this is where BMW marketing geniuses screwed themselves over, that or they just ran out of numbers when they started the X5 X6.

3 series, M version = M3
5 series, M version = M5

so logic would have it... that the X5, M version should be M X5 lol

i can't say i'm a fan so far... it just doesn't seem to make sense.

FFS, Does EVERYTHING have to always make sense or be logical?

And no, it shouldn't be M X5, it's X5 M and that's the way it is, just like with the Z4 M and the Z3 M.

I like them, i'm a petrolhead and i like everything that's crazy, powerful, fast and different when we are talking about cars. I didn't hear any complains about the AMG ML or Cayenne Turbo or the Q7 V12...

Last edited:
FFS, Does EVERYTHING have to always make sense or be logical?

And no, it shouldn't be M X5, it's X5 M and that's the way it is, just like with the Z4 M and the Z3 M.

I like them, i'm a petrolhead and i like everything that's crazy, powerful, fast and different when we are talking about cars. I didn't hear any complains about the AMG ML or Cayenne Turbo or the Q7 V12...

It seems to have become fashionable to bitch about BMWs, like it was fashionable to hate the new GT-R a few months ago.

What's going to be next? Audis engine downsizing, the upcoming squad of Japanese hybrid sportscars? We will see.

The X5's tranny goes boom easily enough right now... I'd like to see what heppens when they put more power through it.

Intersting...I quite like the look of the X5 + M Sport Pack (I think that is what it is called). The M should be very interesting.

According to Wheels magazine (australian magazine), they both will be powered by the twin turbo V8 out of the X6 although they will be making around 530 hp (400 when the M button isn't being used). They also mention that a BMW engineer says the X6M will be faster than a M3 around the Nurburgring. :blink:

Instead of wasting money on the X6 BMW should have made a small cheap RWD roadster to compete with the Miata (no the Z2 will be too expensive at $30k+). They could dust off the Triumph name and have another Mini like cash cow.

Incredible, but I don't see why you want your SUV overshadowing your legendary sports coupe

The intrepid souls at Jalopnik used a feature in the Firefox web browser that allows one to look at the source code for any website they are currently on.
:lol: :lol: :lol: