2009 Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix

The thing now is:

1) See if the Brawn's cars are strong and reliable enough to withstand a full race
2) If the race goes well to Brawn, having the pilots finishing first and second, I do hope Barrichello can show all his skills and personality and the team give equal opportunities to both of them, although it's an English team with an amazing English pilot.
I know as well that Barrichello was hired most for his experience in F1 than anything else. Otherwise, Bruno Senna would be in his place.

Looking forward for this year's F1 season... seems to be the greatest ever....

I like Barrichello a lot - fine driver and decent human being IMHO. That team seems to have their tails up! Lets hope they pull it off.

Local weather update: it's 8:01 am here, I just had a terrible night's sleep (protip: do not read FG just before going to bed) and am getting my shit together to attend the GP today. It's sunny outside! Relieved to see Williams withdrew their protest. Now I just hope Vettel doesn't crash on the first lap...

Williams was stupid by trying to blackmail Ferrari and Red Bull..Still can't wait for the race tonight! I think it'll be closer then what the times suggest if somebody plays some clever strategy with a little bit of luck.

Local weather update: it's 8:01 am here, I just had a terrible night's sleep (protip: do not read FG just before going to bed) and am getting my shit together to attend the GP today. It's sunny outside! Relieved to see Williams withdrew their protest. Now I just hope Vettel doesn't crash on the first lap...

It's really weird to think it's already tommorow there :p

It's really weird to think it's already tommorow there :p

It's really weird to think it's still yesterday there :p I'm trying to get my head around whether you guys are heading to bed yet or what!

22:10 here now, getting up at 6am to watch the race...

I still have to go to a football match (soccer) @ 7:30, so I'm going to burned out as it is. Still great sporting weekend it is!

Ah k. I see why they made it later now...could be interesting with the visibility though because that early evening sun can really blind you and that's just travelling at 60 km/h down my street.

They have those tinted visors, but yeah it's a pain. I think the cars will look quite cool though with the sun setting.

It's 3:18pm here. Fun! I can't wait for this race! I've decided to root for Webber simply because it's his home race and I can't remember the last time he was in a real car, with a real chance to win, at home.

It's 3:18pm here. Fun! I can't wait for this race! I've decided to root for Webber simply because it's his home race and I can't remember the last time he was in a real car, with a real chance to win, at home.
Get your ass on irc and help keep me awake. :p