Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I really need to find a bag of money or something. There's so much I want to do to my X-Terra and I have less than no money to spend on it.

I know the feeling. There is so much I want to do to my CJ, but I just can't afford it right now.

- New Exaust
- New Clutch
- Winch
- New Soft top
- New Ignition booster
- New battery
- Fog/Highbeam/Trail lights

Oh, and then after that is finished I want to build an El Camino.... it never ends.

I really need to find a bag of money or something. There's so much I want to do to my X-Terra and I have less than no money to spend on it.

Welcome back to offroading. At one point I had about 2 grand of credit from my dad for mods I had done. I actually got a job specifically to pay that off.

I know the feeling. There is so much I want to do to my CJ, but I just can't afford it right now.

- New Exaust
- New Clutch
- Winch
- New Soft top
- New Ignition booster
- New battery
- Fog/Highbeam/Trail lights

Oh, and then after that is finished I want to build an El Camino.... it never ends.

Yup, same here. There's a list of stuff I want to do to my Pathfinder.... another list for the Series III.... yet another list (but at least it's funded) for the XJR....

Unfortunately, all the funds that would go to the first two are going to firearms and firearms related stuff. :p

Funny you mention that. Next summer a few friends and I are going to be taking our firearms course and obtaining our licences. Then I will have another expensive hobby. YAY!

Very ironically, I don't want to do anything to the mitsu. it's been running like a dream.

Funny you mention that. Next summer a few friends and I are going to be taking our firearms course and obtaining our licences. Then I will have another expensive hobby. YAY!

Strangely, it's not the firearm itself that's usually the most expensive part... it's the scope.

Kind of like how the Jaguar itself often isn't the most expensive part of a Jaguar build. :p

Strangely, it's not the firearm itself that's usually the most expensive part... it's the scope.

Kind of like how the Jaguar itself often isn't the most expensive part of a Jaguar build. :p

No, the bloody bullets are the expensive part. Seriously, WTF ammo prices?

And the best part of Jaguar build finances is that you can total up your car and all the mods and still not have paid MSRP for a bottom rung Camry, meaning that despite owning a piece of badassery, you're still more frugal than a plurality of American car buyers.

Last edited:
No, the bloody bullets are the expensive part. Seriously, WTF ammo prices?

Well, ammo's a consumable, just like gasoline. It's not (technically) part of the build, either in cars or guns.

For example:
Springfield M1A Loaded model (MA9827) with rails, etc: $2036.
Zeiss Victory 6-24x72 T* VM/V scope: $3999.99 - on sale

or:

1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas: $800.
JC Transmission Conversion Kit, including new 700R4: $3500.

And the best part of Jaguar build finances is that you can total up your car and all the mods and still not have paid MSRP for a bottom rung Camry, meaning that despite owning a piece of badassery, you're still more frugal than a plurality of American car buyers.

This is entirely so. :D Then you get to laugh your ass off at them as you drive past and they stare at your car in awe/fear/envy. :D

Scuffed a spot on my bumper while trying a new parking approach in the garage. :censored:

Drove my girlfriends car to work last week so I could wash it on a slow day. Laughed to myself when I realized I could easily clean the inside of the passenger window while standing on the drivers side of the car.

Also, It has been raining for about three weeks and our downtown flooded last monday. When the potholes are filled with water you reallllly notice them driving a car with 12" wheels.

Drove my girlfriends car to work last week so I could wash it on a slow day. Laughed to myself when I realized I could easily clean the inside of the passenger window while standing on the drivers side of the car.

Also, It has been raining for about three weeks and our downtown flooded last monday. When the potholes are filled with water you reallllly notice them driving a car with 12" wheels.

The rain on the North Shore has been brutal. I can only imagine what it's like on the island!

Scuffed a spot on my bumper while trying a new parking approach in the garage. :censored:

I'm guessing that it wasn't successful. :p

The rain on the North Shore has been brutal. I can only imagine what it's like on the island!

Well, for starters, are you sure the island is still there? :D

Not sure exactly what you mean by that...

My dad owns a garage, he sells secondhand cars. He had a RAV4 for sale, on which a customer traded in his 1982 Daimler Double Six.

Well, for starters, are you sure the island is still there? :D

Well, Shawnw is still posting... so I'm assuming he's not too far under water.... or atleast he owns a wi-fi capable submarine.

I like the how high can you make it go. I've seen 177mpg in my brothers GTI.

I've seen 99,99 l/100 kms in a Volvo... weird thing is I wasn't even on the throttle...

I went over to my dad's house tonight, and he wanted to show me something. He bought another TR6, this one a '70 in BRG and running condition. It's wonderful, and I just wanted to look at it forever. $5k, 40k miles, engine out of a '74. Roof only has one small tear.

:threadnopics:

this angers and saddens me, because it isn't so over here.

a "new approach" is that what you're calling it?

My dad owns a garage, he sells secondhand cars. He had a RAV4 for sale, on which a customer traded in his 1982 Daimler Double Six.

Said customer probably got tired of repairing it.... but the DD6 is still an amazing machine, even if that one was made before the 82.5 quality housecleaning.

Well, Shawnw is still posting... so I'm assuming he's not too far under water.... or atleast he owns a wi-fi capable submarine.

If the latter, one wonders if it is yellow....

this angers and saddens me, because it isn't so over here.

Much of the difference is tax - if not directly on the sale, then on things upstream. If you want it to change, fire your government. :D

No, he had turned 75 and got tired of the struggle to get in and out of the low-slung Series III interior.

Wow. That just sucks.

Post pics. :D

Can we trade you for some of those nuts who want the US to be like europe?

I'd even trade him for ten of those. Starting with those in Washington.