Unveiled: NEW 2010 Audi A8 - LIVE REVEAL NOW ONLINE!

I actually like this. Its very proud looking unlike most audis these days.

The motherload of 1600x1200 of the A8:

http://www.netcarshow.com/audi/2011-a8/

On a side-note, why does Audi shoot EVERY car next to the Brooklyn Bridge?

Audi-A8_2011_photo_04.jpg

Don't they know the phrase "if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you"? Isn't that not exactly the association you want with every new car?

Is it just me or does it look less imposing and impressive than the previous A8. Heck, even the Lexus LS600hL looks more imposing than this thing. It looks exactly like a stretched A4.

Audi used to make interesting cars. The C3 Audi 100 was incredible for its time, considering what else was around then.

Remember, this was 1982

audi_100_quattro.jpg

mb_w123_jpms_1982_240D.jpg

001__scaled_600.jpg

And then in 1998

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/magnet/2009/12/01/Audi-A6_1998_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/magnet/2009/12/01/98603201990001-480.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/magnet/2009/12/01/184.jpg

Pretty freaking cool. After that though, Audi seemed content in throwing more LEDs at a car and calling them new models.

Is it an A4?! Is it an A6?! Perhaps an A5?! Noooo! It's the brand-new A8!

Gooooo brand identity!

Whatever happened on the way from this beautifull concept sketch
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/2011audia8111.jpg

to the boring car we have now? The interior is ok. But the exterior is completly boring. Lacks any dinamics, from most of the shots i've seen, the car looks like it has a few bags of cement in the trunk (visually). And the nose overhang is way too long.

hmmm, they actually managed to make it look *slightly* different from the rest.

Stuff I still don't like

-stupid LEDs in the headlamps. Yes they're a bit different than the others but still should not be there
-rear is identical to the A6, which is already wrong
-wheels are ugh

Stuff me likey

- interior ZOMGWTFBBQ

But, I would still have this one if given a choice

Auto%20op%20twee%20wielen%20-%20Transporter3.jpg

(yes I will continue to use that picture as much as I possibly can)

Looks great, sleek, elegant, like a tailormade suit. I'll have mine in black please :D.

I like it, Audis design is spot on, though I would prefer previous A8 with that interior

I really like that interior, especially the gear leaver :D Exterior is pretty underwhelming.

audi-a8-live-miami_-(20).jpg

i think it looks like an electric shaver :thumbsdown:

Looks like a leaver from a space shuttle or something... each to their own.

Nice interior, anonymous exterior. Probably what businessmen want.

For cool people, there's the new XJ.

Some cool tech highlights:

The 2011 Audi A8, unveiled last night in Miami, is loaded with gadgets ? everything from handwriting recognition, terrain-predicting transmission controls and automatic turn signals.
Through the fast connection the navigation system downloads three-dimensional satellite images from Google Earth and displays them in a bird's eye view on the monitor; the computer fills in the streets. Another expansion level provides full connection to the internet via UMTS, making the sedan a WLAN hotspot on wheels for a laptop in the vehicle. Furthermore, the WLAN can be used to transfer music from a mobile player to the vehicle's audio system. The customer can utilize all services with a cell phone; no separate contracts or fees are necessary
The steering wheel is equipped with a vibration-canceling motor.
The industry-first MMI Touch recognizes handwriting for entering Navigation destinations, and is backlit to allow it to change to a pointer for map functions, a number pad for radio functions and can be used to scroll lists in the MMI. This system recognizes Cyrillic (Russia), Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, and Korean characters
(and I assume English/Latin characters also)

The industry-first MMI Touch recognizes handwriting for entering Navigation destinations, and is backlit to allow it to change to a pointer for map functions, a number pad for radio functions and can be used to scroll lists in the MMI. This system recognizes Cyrillic (Russia), Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, and Korean characters

(and I assume English/Latin characters also)

No Arabic? That's actually a big oversight. This thing is going to sell way better in Dubai than in Seoul.

It looks like a long wheelbase A4 and the interior doesn't look much different from the previous generation.

^^^^^ THIS

You guys who keep saying the new A8 has the same body design as the previous A8 with different headlights are either unobservant or willfully obtuse. Bartboy has nailed it exactly, it looks like a stretched 140% enlarged version of the current gen A4, I have two of those cars in my parking garage at home and this shares identical front/rear/side body lines...just bigger.

Having said that I like the design of the last two gen A8s better than this and that has nothing to do with the headlights either.