Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Yes! ive bought my first car! :D more to follow ;)

Removing sticker glue stuck on paint is difficult. What should I use so the glue would come off completely? It's also sub-zero out there.

The easiest, fastest way to remove stickers on cars is to use a pinstripe eraser wheel. Its a soft rubber wheel that you use with a drill that basically erases the stickers right off the car without damaging the paint. They should only cost about $5-$10 and are so much easier than the normally prescribed methods.

An extremly overpriced example:
http://detailgear.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=200

What was it in the shop for to start with?
Some moron ran into me, and his insurance was picking up the tab for getting it fixed

More important question is why did he take a 94 Honda Accord to a shop with the intention of picking it up again... let alone actually doing it? :tease:
Because it actually runs fairly well and is reliable. So neener. :p

I really want this bumper from Iron Bull:

The winch too.

Winching is awesome. Unless you are so stuck, that you crack your hardtop in 3 places and crumple up the passenger side fender like a piece of kleenex. :whistle:

I want to get a winch so bad. Although there is much more pressing issues to be dealt with on my Jeep first.

Also I've never gotten stuch enough to need a winch. (In my CJ... I did once in my Dad's grand cherokee)

How many cars can you think of that look good with "Bad-boy" bonnets? I can only think of one, The Opel Omega A.. EVery time I see a "tuning" carbage heap with one of those bonnets I cry a little inside..

How many cars can you think of that look good with "Bad-boy" bonnets? I can only think of one, The Opel Omega A.. EVery time I see a "tuning" carbage heap with one of those bonnets I cry a little inside..

Example? I'm not too sure what you consider a "bad boy bonnet".

Oh, so you mean raised/slotted hoods. Yes, I agree. Most modern cars don't look so hot.

No, he means hoods that partially 'hood' or cover the headlights.

I like how the fix for the XJ's stereo involved removing the spare tire. Not the first thing which comes to mind.

I like how the fix for the XJ's stereo involved removing the spare tire. Not the first thing which comes to mind.

Heh, at least they put the electronics in easily accessible bays. And the battery is in the back for proper weight distribution.