Auto Annoyances

God, never argue aesthetics with a man who willfully installs digital gauges.
Sorry, but you bought a car that has an interior that looks like someone just glued a bunch of parts from the parts bins to the center binnacle.

Now, now. Let's keep it above the belt guys. I want a good clean fight. :p

Again, Final Gear arguing over personal preferences. I think aftermarket stereos always look like crap in cars.

The main and fundamental flaw, however, is that the engine is way too hyper. I nudge the pedal about a quarter of the way down and it goes VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH off the line, with aboslutely nothign resembling smoothness. Grr!

A lot of modern economy cars (especially ones with autotragics) seem to have a fucking binary throttle pedal.

Again, Final Gear arguing over personal preferences. I think aftermarket stereos always look like crap in cars.

It's not just personal taste. The initial statement said that all aftermarket stereos had bad ergonomics, gaudy design and stupid light shows. That is simply incorrect.

Here is the post in question.

Why are aftermarket head units all ugly and have ridiculous ergonomics? A giant screen display race cars, tiny buttons, lots of flash, and none look like they belong in the car.

^ Yeah, and then a discussion about aftermarket stereos descended into two guys bitching and making insults about each others car interiors.
Final Gear at it's finest. :|

I hate aftermarket stereos because they all look like shit.

There :p

A lot of modern economy cars (especially ones with autotragics) seem to have a fucking binary throttle pedal.

This is true, actually. I've driven a manual Matrix that we got as a loaner car, and it wasn't quite as bad. Still very binary.

While we're on about binary pedals, the brakes! Oh my god these things are horrible.

I drove over a medium sized bump the other (-22c) day and apparently the Thunderbird has just enough "annoying" chassis flex to crack its own windshield...

I'm starting to become really annoyed about my car's sun visors because the spring broke on both and they're always falling down. I'm now currently driving my car with less 30% of visibility through the front windshield because of those damn sun visors.

I hate the fact that the previous owner took out the Audiophile CD stacker with the subwoofer input and put in a regular base model CD radio. I have the sub, and the nice speakers but the crappy radio that doesn't even have connectivity to the sub sitting in the boot.

Also, wheel-hop = bad

Lastly, the most annoying thing of all, the rattle in the back plastic trim that I cannot locate. Rattles drive me up the wall. It's not loud, but I can hear it and I know its there...and that's all I need for it to piss me off.

SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY SQUEAKY

To hell with gracefully dismantling the dash and selling it for spares - when I strip this thing for the track, it's going to be an all-out grudge match between a sawzall-armed Wing and a squeaky plastic dash. Who the hell would buy that hideous thing anyway?

Last edited:
What I hate about the 8 is how the dash starts to rattle in tune with the induction noise at around 2500 rpm.
No idea what is causing that. I seriously doubt they built it that way

The back end of the X is prone to bottoming out when going through dips, best fix is either airbags for street use or a lift kit with better springs.

My shin sometimes bumps the underside of the dash, especially when I'm wearing hiking boots. That panel really should be higher.

The front bumper is plastic, I want metal.

Trailer hitch hangs down too low and has a nasty effect on departure angle.

Can't fit bigger than 33" tires without using a heat gun to remodel the fender liner for clearance.

Can only fit tall skinny tires, eve with the "melt mod."

Annoyingly rare lug pattern makes finding cheap steel rims impossible.

No side indicator light on the fender.

No heated mirror option in the US, only in Canada.

The roof "wet basket" does not lock.

Cheap steel rims are easy - the ones off the base Titans fit and they're everywhere. Also, it's the same pattern as later Chevy/GM trucks.

Last edited:
Lastly, the most annoying thing of all, the rattle in the back plastic trim that I cannot locate. Rattles drive me up the wall. It's not loud, but I can hear it and I know its there...and that's all I need for it to piss me off.

My car did that when I first got it. I just started sticking random pieces of Dynamat in all the nooks and crannies. Eventually I got it.

Still don't know exactly what it was....