Random Thoughts....

Hmm, seems I'm being invited back to HK to sit an initial screening test for Dragonair's cadet pilot program....

Its all a bit sudden really, and if I do go it'll be another substantial amount of money gone to pay for an airline ticket. Not to mention the test date is perilously close to the beginning of university semester.

But then, on the other hand, I'd kill to become an airline pilot.

My head is in a slight mess right now.

do it, nsx_23! It would be an awesome job.

I'm going out job hunting again today...and will not wear yesterday's sandals as they gave me three big blisters. I think I will have to pop them (with a sterilised needle and disinfectant and band aids, of course).

I'd be lucky if I can even get a flight......The flight back would be close to Chinese New Year, and the flight back to Melbourne would be right when all the uni students flood back to Australia for the start of Semester 1.

I've already called a few travel agents. No go on a ticket so far...

+1 Do it. If you don't you'll regret it for the rest of your life, probably.

edit: Good luck on the ticket.

I third "do it." You can always finish up your university degree later if you want to; you may only get this chance once. Just plow your way through the hassles and go for it.

Ouch, CNY is madness. Fingers crossed for you getting a ticket.

And hurrah for laser printers...I would never have been able to print off 60 copies of my resume with my old inkjet printer!

Your old inkjet printer would clog up after 30 copies. Or run out of cyan.

Yay!! I only have to wear my retainer at nights now!!!

:D

So we got some snow today. I heard someone saying that it was supposed to snow today to a group of friends when I first walked into school and one of the kids reaction was like it was mid summer, he got some weird looks and obviously doesn't understand that winter isn't over until March.
On another note, a lot of people were surprised when It stopped snowing and the sun came out. How the hell can you be surprised by that living in New England; a region famous for weather changing at the drop of a dime.

Hmm, seems I'm being invited back to HK to sit an initial screening test for Dragonair's cadet pilot program....

Its all a bit sudden really, and if I do go it'll be another substantial amount of money gone to pay for an airline ticket. Not to mention the test date is perilously close to the beginning of university semester.

But then, on the other hand, I'd kill to become an airline pilot.

My head is in a slight mess right now.

Congrats on this opportunity. :thumbup:

Have you got all the paperwork through for this invitation?
I am a bit surprised that you aren?t being offered an ID100 ticket* (free of charge) anyway, even though Dragonair don?t fly to Aus.

However, as part of the oneworld alliance via Cathay Pacific, they are hooked up with both Qantas & BA, so they should be able to organise you the ticket PLUS accommodation at a ?crew? hotel in HKG again, free of charge.

Jeez dude, duty & staff travel happens like a bajillion times a day in the airline business.

*ID100 = Industrial Discount 100% ususallly standby

What are the headphones that Crazyjeeper reccomends to everyone? JVC RX700 or something of that nature?

Congrats on this opportunity. :thumbup:

Have you got all the paperwork through for this invitation?
I am a bit surprised that you aren?t being offered an ID100 ticket* (free of charge) anyway, even though Dragonair don?t fly to Aus.

However, as part of the oneworld alliance via Cathay Pacific, they are hooked up with both Qantas & BA, so they should be able to organise you the ticket PLUS accommodation at a ?crew? hotel in HKG again, free of charge.

Jeez dude, duty & staff travel happens like a bajillion times a day in the airline business.

Nope, the invite was awfully casual. It basically says "come in with statinoary, sit an English and maths test. No need for business attire".

I've lived in Australia for more than 10 years, so my English is probably better than my Chinese now. And I study engineering, so I'd like to think I can do simple calculations in my head such as addition and subtraction :lol:

Regardless, I've sent an email to the person who manages Crew resources, and hopefully I may be able to sit the test in a Cathay pacific office here in Australia instead of flying all the way back. Will definitely give them a call if they don't respond. I did mention something about finances in my email to them, so hopefully they understand.

I know its one of those things that I'd regret for the rest of my life if I didn't do it, but circumstances right now are sort of against me. Still, I'll tough it out. :)

Thank you high pressure system originating from Alberta; because of you the sun was out for the first time and three weeks, promptly eliminating my depression.

I need a squash partner.

You cannot play racquetball and be on IRC at the same time.

Oh yeah, the postman brought cd:s again. Morrissey '88-'95 singles 3CD compilation.

May want to wait on listening to that until Spring so you won't, you know, kill yourself.

I've found most of Morrissey's classic solo output to be kind of light-hearted, actually. The cry-yourself-to-sleep stuff tends to be on the Smiths albums.

Mopey music FTW.

Also: rain! puddles! puffalumps! lolwut.

I feel like splashing around like a little kid. :D

Nope, the invite was awfully casual. It basically says "come in with statinoary, sit an English and maths test. No need for business attire".

I've lived in Australia for more than 10 years, so my English is probably better than my Chinese now. And I study engineering, so I'd like to think I can do simple calculations in my head such as addition and subtraction :lol:

Regardless, I've sent an email to the person who manages Crew resources, and hopefully I may be able to sit the test in a Cathay pacific office here in Australia instead of flying all the way back. Will definitely give them a call if they don't respond. I did mention something about finances in my email to them, so hopefully they understand.

I know its one of those things that I'd regret for the rest of my life if I didn't do it, but circumstances right now are sort of against me. Still, I'll tough it out. :)

Good, they may not have noticed or remembered that you are in Oz.
Possibly, someone in HR/Recruiting sent out a batch of 100 test invitations and slipped up with you.
Either that or they are a bunch of cheapskates. :p

Your plan B sounds like a good idea, Cathy office in Melbourne or Sydney. :cool:

Who the hell left the toilet seat down?