The Best Pub Names

scpunk11

Car(s)
1977 Saab 99GL fuel injected
I don't know if this is the right place for this so move it as you please.

What are some of the best Pub names that you have seen? Place and Location
It came up at pub trivia tonight and I think some of the more obscure names will be interesting. I'd Start it off but I live on the prairies, so there are few well named pubs i have visited, and even less with interesting names.

The Fainting Goat - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

I think every town in america, as well as having a band who thinks they are clever by calling their band "Free Beer" ("he he...no, cuz the sign will say 'Free Beer' at all of our shows, so we'll have, like, tons of people there!") has a place called "Slipper Inn."

There's a road near here called The Queen's Passage.

There used to be a bar at the end of it (a T-intersection) called The King's Head.

Daisy Duke's? Dance hall a stone's throw from my dorm.

Also, see Richard Noggin's from an old C&D Reader Sightings.

?teriritsiputeritsipuolilautatsibar -Salla, Finland

Used to hold the Quinnes world record for the longest bar name, or something similar. Not even sure if it's still there as I haven't been there for a few years...

There's one here called the Stagger Inn. That makes me chuckle.

There are quite a few "Spread Eagle" pubs around. There is one near me called "The Quiet Woman" and the sign shows a woman with her head chopped off. There is a "Dirty Dick's" in London somewhere.
There are some bizarre ones like the "Goat & Tricycle", "The Elusive Camel" or "The Hairy Lemon".

I've seen "The Bell End", "The Fawcett Inn" and the majestic "The Bunghole"

Can't remember where they were except the last was London.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Not a pub, but the lunch counter at a small airport about an hour north from here is called the "Auger Inn"

The bar/pub we ran essentially out of our apartment all senior year was called Lucky Tuesdays.

Don't ask me why I don't know.

There used to be a bar in my city called The Wasteland but it closed a while ago.

The Bar we tried to buy Junior year of college was called The Ton 80 because it was a darts bar.

We had a place named "Delivery Room" (well, the italian verion) around here.

Where I used to live there was the Nevermind Bar and the So What bar.