Just Cause 2

That happened to me the first time. But after a few Alt+Tab and Photoshop I was able to take some. (Coudnt paste it in Paint for some reason.)

The PS3 version has a built in video recorder + youtube uploader.
Wouldn't it make sense for the PC version to have some sort of built in screenshot utility form the menu or something?

I don't even understand what happened there.

Oh wow. Jumping between flying gas cans.

^ actually after buying the game yesterday and playing it for a bit, while i really like it. the only thing that annoys me is the voice actors of the characters. none of them really seem to be giving too much of their characters and its heavy on the accent. Other than that its a brilliant game and seriously wasn't expecting this from a company like Square. Really like how you get full access to the island as well right from the start. There's no 'bridges closed' or don't get flight until late in the game. Its all upfront and had my first go in a jet plane earlier. Loads of fun and looking forward to doing a bit of BASE jumping next.

I'm weak, I just bought the game :-D

4 hours into it and it still looks pretty good. The scenery is beautiful, I don't think I ever saw a game where you could see as far as in this one... it's pretty amazing!

Just played the PC demo.The controls suck balls (yes, I even tried it with my 360 controller, but it was still terrible). The game reminds me of GTA meets Far Cry 2, but without the fun of GTA and with all boring of Far Cry 2. Giving you a huuuuge world with basically unlimited things to do doesn't automatically make for a great game. "Go blow shit up and piss off the federales" isn't a plot. "Here's a gun, now go have fun" isn't either. Some of us actually like to play linear games.

Waste of hard drive space.

Last edited:
Giving you a huuuuge world with basically unlimited things to do doesn't automatically make for a great game.

I love how different things are important to different people. ^ That right there is exactly what makes a great game for me.

Lots of freedom + realistic scenery/objects + huge variety of things to do/see.
By realistic I mean real looking people, in real looking locations, using real looking objects, and driving real looking vehicles (real physics is good too, but not in this case). I personally hate those games like BioShock where you (or at least I) have no idea whats going on.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/03/29/bioshock.png

Like WTF is that thing? We got some huge... thing... with a giant metal divers helmet from the 1940s being attacked and a drill for an arm being attacked by a guy wielding a Tommy gun.

As opposed to:

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/03/29/GTA-IV-screen-3.jpg

Here we have a very concrete image. A guy named Niko Bellic driving a PMP 600 (Chrysler 300) through Star Junction (Times Square) in Liberty City (New York).

Call me weird, but I actually can't stand the typical college-student games like Halo, COD, Super Smash, etc. The only games I bought my PS3 for were GTA IV, and GT5. But now that has turned into GTA IV, Burnout Paradise and JC2.

Last edited:
^ to each their own, i personally loved Bioshock not only for its gameplay but also for its story as well. A game can really shine when it has a story to really bring it to life. Halo is another example, its a classic shooter game but it also has its own rich and deep backstory and universe to it. I can understand what you mean and what your point is, but each player is different. Some play games for the challenge, others for the skill, others just like to show off where there also some like me who just want to enjoy the experience.

I found Bioshock incredibly boring and repetitive.

GTA4 was great because it was somewhat linear. You had a huge place to explore and all that good shit, but there was a main story line along with some side missions. Far Cry 2 on the other hand had none of that plot, just all side missions and repetitive grinding basically. From most of what I could tell, JC2 is the exact same thing. Do as you please and after enough do as you pleasing, you get sent off to another area to do as you please.

I play single player games as a form of interactive movie. I don't want to have to create the plot myself.

This game is fantastic, particularly when you play it with friends. The randomness of it all is great and the grappling hook is quite possible the best invention since sliced guns. The only time I'm doing missions is when I trigger them accidentally but they are pretty fun too. I also really like the fact that the voice acting is terrible, it's a bit like even the people that made the game wanted you just to fool around and you've caught them out by doing the missions.

Last edited:
GTA4 was great because it was somewhat linear. You had a huge place to explore and all that good shit, but there was a main story line along with some side missions. Far Cry 2 on the other hand had none of that plot, just all side missions and repetitive grinding basically. From most of what I could tell, JC2 is the exact same thing. Do as you please and after enough do as you pleasing, you get sent off to another area to do as you please.

I play single player games as a form of interactive movie. I don't want to have to create the plot myself.

I played Bioshock on the PS3 and loved it, Bioshock 2 on the PC and loved that too. But I have to agree on Just Cause 2 and Far Cry 2 - it's fun to roam around for a while, but the missions get repetitive & boring quite quickly. GTA games are awesome at getting the pacing right. I'm re-playing GTA4 on the PC now (well, when I have the time to put in half an hour or an hour) after playing it on the PS3 last year, and it's still an awesomely fun game. JC2 is repetitive and the vehicles handle like ass. I guess the point of the game is to use the vehicles as jacking points for the grappling hook, but they could have invested some more time and resources into getting the vehicles to feel right.

Whoever play tested this game and said to themselves "Yes, that is how the cars should handle" needs to be shot in the face. They're absolutely useless for travel. Helicopters and planes are ok, moving your character is good, and jumping around the cars is done well. But the way you turn in a vehicle and move to aim feels like you're drunk. It's like there is some weird acceleration and deceleration surrounding your inputs, so you can never be precise. When I let go of the stick I want to stop turning, not sway about like a pendulum. I also find it weird how you can grapple and jump around vehicles ridiculously, but you can't climb up a ledge or even jump over a lot of waist high objects (rocks, broken walls).

I do enjoy the 'awesomeness' of it all. The havok physics engine is probably the best part of the game, watching stuff fly around and react to other objects is great. I also like how it pops up stats as you cause mayhem.

I am really liking this game, many hours in. But I'm the type of person who thinks it's a fun thing to do to drive a boat up a 20 km river when I have the option to get extracted to my destination.

The vehicle dynamics range from decent to terrible (slow trucks and boats are fine, fast cars and planes are abysmal) but they can be wrestled into submission.