Doctor Who

:p np - it was a mid-post edit XD

And it was amusing on the Baftas as he still has red hair :lol: Theres a video of a bit of it on youtube now. But it doesn't show the intor bit. Good to see that the Imbetweeners got it, and Cowells face was just insulting to a genuinely brilliant show (X-Factor and BGT were nominated in the Youtube Audience award - the latest public-voted BAFTA).

Watched "Vincent and the Doctor" just then- can see why people were crying, I am!

That was such a beautiful episode and in all honesty, Smith was overshadowed in this ep by Gillan and Curran- both of them were purely amazing. Can't wait to re-watch it.

Torchwood is back!
Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood will return for a fourth series with a more international flavour, the BBC said. The 10-part series will be funded by BBC Wales, as well as the corporation's commercial arm - BBC Worldwide - and US cable network Starz Entertainment. John Barrowman will return as Captain Jack alongside Eve Myles, as Gwen. While previous series have been recorded in Cardiff, new storylines will include locations in the US and around the world. The first series of the sci-fi drama was shown on BBC Three in 2006 with the second broadcast two years later on BBC Two. The five-part third series, Children of Earth, was shown on consecutive nights on BBC One last July.
Torchwood creator and former Doctor Who head writer Russell T Davies will lead a team of writers to create the new series.
original article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10262266.stm

Captain Jack is back ? and Starz has him! The cable net has acquired U.S. television rights to the next installment of Torchwood. The 10-episode cycle is slated to air in summer 2011 on both Starz (in the U.S.) and BBC One (in the UK). Several new characters are expected to come on board, joining franchise vets John Barrowman and Eve Myles. Russell T. Davies, meanwhile, will be back as showrunner. The new episodes will take on more of an ?international scope,? says Starz, adding, ?The new series will allow Davies and his writing team to tell a more explosive and global story, one that takes advantage of the unlimited narrative opportunities of a premium television service like Starz.? The news comes several weeks after Fox passed on a U.S. version of Torchwood.
original article: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/06/07/starz-acquires-torchwood/

Captain Jack returns for Torchwood 4
John Barrowman and Eve Myles are to return for a ten-part fourth series of the Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood after the BBC confirmed an international funding deal with US entertainment network Starz Entertainment. The deal, which also sees BBC Worldwide provide financing, secures the return of the series after last year?s 5-part third series, Children of Earth. Both Barrowman (Captain Jack) and Myles (Gwen) are confirmed to return alongside new cast members. The pair are the only members of the original 5 strong main cast whose characters have survived all adventures to date. Ben Stephenson, Controller, BBC Drama Commissioning, promised the show would ?burst back onto the screen with a shocking and moving story with global stakes and locations that will make it feel bigger and bolder than ever.?
Filming for the new series, which will be overseen by former Doctor Who Executive Producers Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner, will include locations in the US and around the world. BBC Worldwide Productions EVP Jane Tranter will also serve as Executive Producer on the new series. Tranter promised the show?s ?next chapter will not only reward our current fans, but also introduce new viewers to the most impressive instalment yet.?
Starz, LLC, President and CEO Chris Albrecht, said: ?I?ve been part of successful partnerships with Jane Tranter and the BBC previously, and I?m very much looking forward to working with them again.?
original article: http://www.seenit.co.uk/captain-jack-returns-for-torchwood-4/065724/

Last edited:
Torchwood is back!
*deep breath*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :dance:

It's a year away, but yes!!!!! :D Love Torchwood, and it will be starting around the time series 2/6/Fnarg 2.0 will be ending (presumably), so huge long run of awesome Who-ness FTW!!!!!!

good thing about this is that they're doing a full 10 episode run (not like the series 3 five episode run) and they really seem to be pushing the boat out on this one by going across the world to do it. i am interested to hear how the new series will fit in with Moffats Doctor Who (come on RTD, do the right thing and sign up Smith and Gillan for a guest appearance).
hopefully with a bit of luck they might be able to get series 4 of Sarah Jane Adventures sorted out as well and next year will be a really good year for Doctor Who fans.

good thing about this is that they're doing a full 10 episode run (not like the series 3 five episode run) and they really seem to be pushing the boat out on this one by going across the world to do it. i am interested to hear how the new series will fit in with Moffats Doctor Who (come on RTD, do the right thing and sign up Smith and Gillan for a guest appearance).
hopefully with a bit of luck they might be able to get series 4 of Sarah Jane Adventures sorted out as well and next year will be a really good year for Doctor Who fans.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised that it isn't a longer run, given the length of American TV series's. It would be interesting if they did get a Smith/Gillan guest starring ep or two, just to see how the Doctor reacts to a hyper-sexed environment like TW! :lol:)

It's going to be a bit weird having a season without Ianto though- I;m not one of the screaming and crying fangirls, but he was definitely one of my favourite characters (along with Gwen and Jack), so it will be a bit sad at first. It will be interesting to see how Jack's return from running off and picking up Alonso will be done- actually, get Alonso in as a new member of the team!!! (/dreaming)

It will be interesting to see how Jack's return from running off and picking up Alonso will be done- actually, get Alonso in as a new member of the team!!! (/dreaming)

you've been reading too much of RTD's The Writers Tale.

what made me laugh was after clicking the link and reading the article there was a bunch of other Lady Gaga headlines including one stating "Journo derails Gaga penis rumour" must be a really busy day in Entertainment Journalism

what made me laugh was after clicking the link and reading the article there was a bunch of other Lady Gaga headlines including one stating "Journo derails Gaga penis rumour" must be a really busy day in Entertainment Journalism

They're just vaguely related stories, they can be from any time beforehand (not necessarily also today/this week). But yeah, welcome to the wonderful world of Rupert Murdoch's jorunalism in Australia! :sick:

Doctor Who is the best TV Show.I am also watch this TV Show on http://www.theiwatchnetwork.com/
I am looking some history related to the Doctor Who TV Show on Internet.Please help me found some content about this TV Show.I have watched the 3 and 4 Episode of this TV Show.

wikipedia is probably the best for learning about the old version of this show and also the new one and its subsequent canon and mythology.

some information has been released about the final 2 episodes of Series 5. spoilered for those who don't want to know.
5x12: The Pandorica Opens - The Doctor's friends unite to send him a terrible warning; the Pandorica - which is said to contain the most feared being in all the cosmos - is opening. But what's inside, and can the Doctor stop it?
5x13: The Big Bang - There is a message on a cliff, a mysterious box and a love story which spans over millennia. However, the Doctor is "gone", the TARDIS destroyed and the end of the universe approaching. A "scared little girl" is humanity's only hope.
Alex Kingston returns in both episodes as River Song.
ep12_bg.jpg
there will be a trailer attached to tomorrow nights episode.

Last edited:
Watching Confidential right now. They're doing a :lol: parody of Football Focus.

enjoyed tonights episode but wasn't as great as previous episodes. seriously looking forward to next weeks episode now.

Having gotten into Docotr Who this season, i'm quite enjoying it.

The people in the trailer mentioned that the Pandorica contains the most feared being in the Universe. Me and a friend were thinking that this could be
The Master

I hope it isn't. I'm sick of The Master. I wonder if it's The Doctor himself. He can be a pretty scary person.

Having gotten into Docotr Who this season, i'm quite enjoying it.

The people in the trailer mentioned that the Pandorica contains the most feared being in the Universe. Me and a friend were thinking that this could be
The Master