No 56k: FinalGear Ringmeet 2010 - The report, the pictures, the movies, the drama!

So, the clutch!

It actually is broken, after I picked the car up from the sprayshop (bonnet looks fantastic), it was already giving some problems, so instead of going straight home, I decided to drop by my usual garage to see when it could be fixed and how much it would hurt my wallet. Turns out it can be fixed on friday and won't cost much more than ?100 (including labour) as opposed to ?300 up in Expensiveland. But when I wanted to set off for home, it completely went. The usual pumping technique didn't work at all so I just left it there and walked home.

They suspect it's the master cylinder. They'll take a look at it later today and give me a call with more specific info.

QFT. And if anyone from Down Under wants to come along they can ride along with Ice. He'll make sure they feel right at home. :whistle:

Stop it now, MWF, two upside down gags on one page is too much.

Heheheheh....

This looked realy amazing guys, definitely to coolest meet-up that I have read/known about!!!! Stupid thousands of kilometres....

And I fully intend to make it to one of these meets one day*, especially considering my job means I can move from country to country pretty easily (especially considering my employer actually encourages it!!!). Whether I'll be flying over from the UK or actualy living in Germany**at that point is yet to be known however...

* By "one day", I am probably looking at 2017-ish :lol:. Have to finish my degree and get my CPA/CA accreditation before looking at being tranferred. Maybe I can get a short (say 3 month) one though...
** HWould love to be able to work in either one of these countries, but my German is... nicht so gut (aka I did it at primary school and highschool and repeated the basics 8 times). I'm going to take 2 1st year German courses at uni and see how good my vocab is after that.

But enough of my off-topic pointless rambling- hopefully I can load the pics at uni tomorrow and be even more jealous of you European FG-ers!

On a related note.

IMGP7185.JPG

*crossing fingers* Still going strong..!

Stelvio and quite a few other Italian passes done. Now in S?lden, Austria slowly heading north.

Last edited:
That's a brilliant road trip you're doing there!

Might have. But I stayed away just to be on the safe side. :) Nah, I have driven the Swiss Fl?ela pass before and wanted to drive Bielerh?he pass this time. My route so far has been something like this if anyone is interested

Last edited:
I think next year will (if at all) have to be in the Kangoo, and I doubt that. Add to that I'll be a poor student, although maybe going with MWF would halve the costs on fuel etc... Who knows - a lot is likely to happen between now and then, but I'll try my damndest.

Going with nicjasno and splitting the fuel costs was a much needed solution for me. It ended up only being 100 euro per person.

Well I think Speedtouch should go and take thomas along. Hell the sight of the Kangoo on the Karussell would be worth the cost alone! :lol:

I'd certainly be looking to share the costs with someone else as I reckon it could be up to ?400 all in and that for a long weekend for just me is a bit hard to justify.