Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

ElToro's had that copyrighted for a long time.

If you disconnect from your school network to create your ad-hoc one then they can do nothing without also being on the network themselves. If you are still on the school network, and you are using a school computer, there could very well be monitoring software.

This.

Note however that adhoc networks only support WEP, so they should not really be considered private. Even WEP is enough to keep most people out, but a determined attacker can gain access in under 5 minutes and from that point on, snoop on traffic. If you're not using encryption, their job is that much easier.

That is unfortunate branding.

kramer-facepalm.jpg

And I die slowly inside every time I see someone call an iPod Touch an iTouch :p

The name doesn't even make sense anymore because the iPod nano is now also a 'touch' iPod.

Seriously, it's been over a decade now since the dot com bubble and the whole iSomething craze. When is Apple going to move on? I'm glad the predictions about Apple TV becoming iTV weren't true.

Just sold a brand new iPod Nano 4gb for $86 on eBay...Win?

Lower screen becomes on screen keyboard?

At $1,100 I'd buy two iPads instead.

Sure the iPad doesn't do a lot of stuff a Windows 7 machine does, but on a device that is totally touch-based you're better off not having Windows. Windows has had a touch edition for a while now, there's a reason they never broke through the tablet market. I think if Microsoft has any hopes in the tablet arena it's with Windows 7 Embedded Compact and not the full OS.

But it's a Libretto, as far as I know they have always been massively overpriced and undersized devices which seemed gimmicky at best.

10x0910ib235efg-1284111850.jpg

They haven't thought this through. As you walk, your hands instinctively move backwards and forwards to maintain your balance. Can you imagine what the headphones wire will be doing at this time?