The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

Q1UAW.jpg

Seems safe!

Lemon-scented-butter-flavored non-stick cooking spray that also polishes furniture?

http://img706.imageshack.**/img706/642/20327057.jpg

That was my thought as well.

Pls tu eggsplyne da funneh?

reminds me of that line in "The Spy who loved me" when Bond sends a villain off to his death.

[video=youtube;CvV-Rk3YVH4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvV-Rk3YVH4[/video]

Because it's spray cooking *oil*. Butter is kinda solid at room temperature. :p

ever seen these?
Foto%20solo%20vloeibaar%20met%20logo%20STA.jpg

you even store them in the fridge

that being said...why would you use anything else but real butter?

Last edited:
1.) No, we don't get "Solo" brand in the States. We have Pam, which is a non-fat spray that (surprise!) also comes in "butter" flavor.
2.) Real butter is fattening, esp. for how much a recipe might call for just to grease a pan. The above tastes like butter but doesn't contain any fat in it - and as far as I'm concerned, any effort to reduce the fat consumption in Americans is a noble and brave effort.
3.) Thanks for posting the largest image ever created. I'll just jump in the Soyuz capsule so I can view it in its entirety from space.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay
The above tastes like butter but doesn't contain any fat in it

Well, technically it's almost entirely fat (it's mainly vegetable oil), but they can call it "fat free" because their suggested serving size of a 1/3 second spray has less than half a gram of fat, which they can round down to zero. You do get a lot less fat than butter or plain oil, though, because spray oil contains an emulsifier that allows it to settle as a much thinner film than plain oil can.

Thank you Alton Brown!

Last edited:
Well, technically it's almost entirely fat (it's mainly vegetable oil), but they can call it "fat free" because their suggested serving size of a 1/3 second spray has less than half a gram of fat, which they can round down to zero. You do get a lot less fat than butter or plain oil, though, because spray oil contains an emulsifier that allows it to settle as a much thinner film than plain oil can.

Thank you Alton Brown!

Thank you indeed, I did not know that. :)