The "New Toys" Thread

1920x1080 + 1280x1024.... looks like the best I can do is 3200, and the gap from LCD to CRT would be quite jarring :lol:

1920x1080 + 1280x1024.... looks like the best I can do is 3200, and the gap from LCD to CRT would be quite jarring :lol:
Same setup here :p

http://img69.imageshack.**/img69/518/respisscontest.jpg

^Display Fusion Pro (it's only a Pro function), but you can acquire a key easily, I'll pm it to you if you want.

edit:
I have that keyboard's big brother (the G19) and if yours is anything like mine, you'll love it! :)

It's awesome! Thought I'd do a little review on it.

First of all, the backlit keys are really useful in the dark. Especially for all the G-buttons.

Being able to record macros on the fly is great, especially if you have 3 profiles to choose from.
My M1 tab is used for normal computer use with macros for Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Word, switching a window to my second monitor and for here on FinalGear macros for posting images and youtube videos with 1 click.
The next set of 18 buttons (M2) is used for first person shooters. Most of them are for buying weapons and equipment in CS:S and for quickly choosing team and skin.
Finally the M3 button, this is for when I play iRacing or LiveForSpeed. I use the macro keys for pit-strategies and for commands when I play on a cruise server in LFS.

The media buttons all work well too, you don't have to switch to your iTunes or WMP window anymore to pause or skip, the fact that the keyboard has a sound card where you can put your headset and microphone makes it easy to mute yourself when the girlfriend comes moaning that you play too much games or when you want to switch to your speakers. :p

Then there's the display. At first I thought it would just be a gadget and not very useful, but I'm actually quite fond of the profile selector, media display and especially the clock (for when I'm iRacing and can't read the clock on the second monitor because iSpeed is running on that one).

Overall it's definately worth the price, and typing on it is flawless too.

Last edited:
^Display Fusion Pro (it's only a Pro function), but you can acquire a key easily, I'll pm it to you if you want.

I'll look into it, thanks. Is it lightweight? I do a lot of gaming that really pushes the limit of my budget machine, so I try to avoid background applications.

^I've got far from a gaming computer too and I haven't had any drops in FPS in Bad Company 2, CS:S (that doesn't say much really :p) or iRacing, the program itself is 1.12MB so I'd say it's pretty lightweight.

@Viper: Hate you for your G19 :cry:
- Gife me!! -I trade you with my G15! :D

^ You gay as well?

Typing this on my newest toy, a 16GB Apple iPad 3G. Being gay has never felt so good before.

Did you get a good deal on it? Since there should be an updated model right around the corner... well, at least the announcement should be right around the corner. :lol: