Random Thoughts....

I am going here one day.

That is all.

That said, to be fair I also have to say that there are a few professor who are doing a good job.
Oh, absolutely. They are the ones who make me realise how bad a few others really are.

One could of course employ people who like teaching for basic courses, while making the top researchers only teach advanced courses, but one seems to want to do that.
That's the thing I will probably never understand. Then again, if I look at the people from my HS class who became teachers... oh dear. Bar one or two, I can only shudder.

And for something completely different, here's a big thank you to the pilot of the C-5 Galaxy that just flew over my place. Unlike many of his colleagues, he managed to stay on the glideslope without constant thrust readjustments, which is very nice on an early Sunday afternoon.

You are breaking away from the current theme. Will there be powerpoints, the threat of Comic Sans or lecturers?

:lol:

I'm keeping to the theme unlike others. :p All but Comic Sans. 6 courses this semester, 5 of them were based on/featured Powerpoint presentations and 3 of them with dull-as-dodos lecturers. Sixth one used LaTeX-created PDFs.

Argh, just had a fuck - FUCK moment ... I put some Gnocchi into boiling water, and after the first few, a drop of hot water hit my hand due to the pain I let go of the package in my hand while swearing at it all ... wich then fell into the pot of boiling water ... following a WHOLE LOT MORE BOILING HOT WATER reaching my clothes and skin resulting in much more and louder cursing. Let it be know as a fuck - FUCK moment.

Argh, just had a fuck - FUCK moment ... I put some Gnocchi into boiling water, and after the first few, a drop of hot water hit my hand due to the pain I let go of the package in my hand while swearing at it all ... wich then fell into the pot of boiling water ... following a WHOLE LOT MORE BOILING HOT WATER reaching my clothes and skin resulting in much more and louder cursing. Let it be know as a fuck - FUCK moment.

I did something like that once, I was making tea and some boiling water dripped down onto my bare feet, which caused me to let go of the entire mug of boiling water in my hand, and I dropped it, breaking it, and splattering boiling water and ceramic shards all over the kitchen floor and my feet. Fortunately, as the mug was dropping I jumped back, which let me avoid being seriously burned, but some boiling water did manage to splatter on my feet and it still hurt like hell.

Or is it...

Little bit random here, but I've always been reading that FFFFUUU thing as "Foo" like "Food" instead of "Fuh" like the Vietnamese noodle soup thing. Anyone else do that?

So, I headed over to my brother's to help him with his move today. We began at 11 am, the truck was ready directly at the front door, we had eight people, forming a chain from 3rd floor to the ground level making moving the stuff out very easy, and his "reservation" of a parking space at the destination was actually respected by the people there so we could park directly under the window of his new, ground floor flat. All in all, we were finished at 3 pm, then went for a late lunch in a restaurant and a bit of ice-cream afterwards which he both paid for.
I wish it would go this well every time I help someone move...

Just a few days ago, it was -18f (-28C) and now it's 46f (8C).
Nooo stupid sun, keep your hands of my precioussss snows. :(

Also, not looking forward to not being able to sleep properly at night because it's too warm.
I love the cold, I tend to keep the temperature at 50f (10C) at night when I sleep, and I have a coat, but I don't wear it (not even when it's -18 out).
And of course there's the fun in the snow with the car.
Oh well... :mad:

If the temperature stays like this, don't be surprised if there's flooding in a few weeks.
There's a ton of snow out there, I have snow drifts in my back yard that are 5ft (1.5m) high or so.

True, true. I often wonder why some of them ever accepted a teaching job, and why no training is offered to them (and required as a qualification). I mean, they're teaching what we're told is the future of our nations, the only hope for prosperity, the first and final line of defence against the invading Asian hordes of indefatigable superbrains - and they're often doing it with no training in education whatsoever.

I found the professors at WWU to be great teachers. They loved it when you came to their offices after class even. But I majored in History so there may be a difference there.

Ohh I'm sad to see it go...now I won't be able to like anymore of BlaRo's posts with "BlaRo's right hand"...:(

So I've returned from a good and busy weekend away in the Yorkshire Dales - very pretty area, although the weather could have been better. It was for a mountaneering trip, and right as we reached the top, the cloud appeared so we had no view :p. I successfully failed at the 3 peaks challenge - I managed 2 which was about 16 miles (all 3 is 24m). Dissappointed that I'm really unfit :(.
However due to the fact we didn't have enough minibus drivers, we had to hire 2 people carriers (Peugeot 5008 HDIs), which I can drive! Was good to get behind the wheel again, especially something new and powerful (remember the Kangoo had 75bhp when it was new...). Only issue is the other one to the one I was in was crashed on the way up, and it was decided to not continue with it. :p Everyone's fine; the driver was very shaken (first crash etc).

And oh yay its Valentines Day. *we all know what face goes here; and it isn't the troll face*

Although its my mum's birthday the day after; and I haven't got her anything. Well I did sped ages organising a family photo-shoot thing for my parents' birthdays and christmas, but then of course there was an argument between them and my sister, so she left for uni and I had to cancel it. As has been put somewhere recently in this thread by MWF; thank god we can choose our friends.