Random Thoughts....

Try to find other nerd friends. If impossible, hang tight till uni. If you choose your course well, you'll end up in a class of similarly-minded students that you'll befriend easily. I was lucky that during http://forums.finalgear.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1686952HS us nerds in my year eventually met each other and formed a core nerd team of 5-6 mad scientists, and now at Uni its a core group of 20 orso friends with many more excellent classmates. Nothing beats a good argument discussing ways on implementing functions in the current assignment followed by an hour of catching up on memes :p

Yeah that's the thing, I tried hanging with the nerds and it felt all claustrophobic. Socially, I find I am a nomad. At the moment I roam around the people who like hipster things but aren't douches, the slightly nerdy people, the nerdy people, two people that are kind of nomadic and a group of 'normal' undefined people

I'm not sure, but I might have just seen Lily Cole on the bus.

EDIT: 5 ft 10 in? Fuck that. Why I never approach people I think I recognise, be it a celebrity or a friend, because I'm usually mistaken.

Lily Cole? I'm surprised you know of someone who's mostly a high end fashion model.

I think our 12 year old B&O tv is slowly dying :sad: it has started to distort the picture, but not always, mostly during commercials so far. It's both sad and good, sad because I like it and it has a VHS slot and my parents have all the old disney movies on VHS and that would be nice when Emily gets older, but on the other hand it is HUGE, doesn't have any of the new features (obviously) and it would be nice to get a bigger wallmounted flatscreen....

another B&O? :lol:

James Mays' Toy Story - Hornby Train revisited. ? Brilliant show to night with Oz and a German set of challengers - if you can find it download and view, it was good fun.

She was in Doctor Who; you're safe.

Yeah, I was about to use that as a failsafe if people started taking my jokes about my sexuality seriously again. I also recognise her as the weird-looking girl from the Rimmel London adverts.

Last edited:
i was going to make a long rant on here about someone thats been pissing me off on facebook recently. except now, i'm so beyond caring that i can't even be bothered to type it all out. i feel another purge of the friends list coming along.

btw, its not anyone i know on here. just someone who's been pissing me off with comments about my interests for a while now (yes i'm a DW fan, if you don't like it. no need to rub it in my face every chance you get). really am reaching a point where the kick button is looking all that more pleasant.

i was going to make a long rant on here about someone thats been pissing me off on facebook recently. except now, i'm so beyond caring that i can't even be bothered to type it all out. i feel another purge of the friends list coming along.

btw, its not anyone i know on here. just someone who's been pissing me off with comments about my interests for a while now (yes i'm a DW fan, if you don't like it. no need to rub it in my face every chance you get). really am reaching a point where the kick button is looking all that more pleasant.

They are Dickheads.

Point out to them that their interests seem to be - being a complete arse hole Troll. Then bin'em or what ever you do in facebook.

If they comeback do not talk to them just bin the new name - talking just feeds the Troll.

Last edited:
Dear Real Life, I hate you. That is all.

Signed Zesty. :-(

I'm a terrible serial complainer, I know, but if I don't vent a bit somewhere I'd probably go insane. I can't wait for this term to be over.

I've just completed an intensive teaching placement in a kindergarten, and let's just say that if I had my own children I would not be sending them there. I've had to inform uni of things I saw happen there (confidentially of course) on Friday and the whole thing has just been absolutely emotionally draining.
It's made me seriously wonder why some people chose to work with children, when they're obviously not suited to it when you just yell at them all day, berate them for normal mistakes that a 3 or 4 year-old is going to make, and belittle their achievements by saying directly to them that they are doing something 'wrong' rather than allowing them and encouraging them to figure things out for themselves, provide guidance and new thinking strategies etc. I won't name the place of course, but the whole thing has been more than a little upsetting to see that this kind of thing still goes on when there's such a strong emphasis on professionalism and being a nurturing carer as well as a competent educator these days. I'm happy I've been called up to one of the childcare centres I'm on the reliever's list for on Tuesday and next Monday, as at least there, knowing the service well already, I'm not going to see anything like that.

I still feel sick about it all. It's disillusioned me so much I briefly considered withdrawing from my Bachelor course, but far more sensible people have talked me out of it since then. Ugh! :-(

^ Sometimes a mass Facebook cull is in order. :) You don't need shite like that.

Just seen a bunch of pictures of me boyfriend an' his team-mates. One of 'em from the end of season banquet where they actually get decent trophies an' me bloke is wearing "The Jacket."

I might burn it next time am over. XD

Zesty - Awwww. You just do the best you can. They are children but people, and you can build your own rewarding relationships to counteract the negativity. Good luck with your Uni and job any way I can see you as a good to great teacher actually. You have the correct outlook AFAIAC.

Thanks so much. I'm certainly not the only person in the world who's got into their dream industry and seen things that have upset them and put them off in some way. My own mother is a teacher (at secondary / high school / whatever you call it in Ukania) and has entirely sympathised with my position. She was there herself at times as a student teacher back in the late 70's.

Knowing you're not alone with these things I find pretty reassuring.

Thanks so much. I'm certainly not the only person in the world who's got into their dream industry and seen things that have upset them and put them off in some way. My own mother is a teacher (at secondary / high school / whatever you call it in Ukania) and has entirely sympathised with my position. She was there herself at times as a student teacher back in the late 70's.

Knowing you're not alone with these things I find pretty reassuring.

Working has taught me only one thing, that you can be a complete incompetent and still keep your job.

When I get a car It will be stripped out bare metal thing with no rear seats I will have no problem with whatever you bring in so long as nothing liquid falls on the electronics.
BECAUSE RACECAR.