Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

So Kim "Kimble" Schmitz is seriously back in Germany...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Schmitz

http://img835.imageshack.**/img835/5215/braunlagetrackday104.jpg
270187_10150227295675143_10344285142_7764240_2502841_n.jpg

as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TC
It looks like the 'Vette has a license plate...? Is it street legal? I also assume automatic trans?
99% of drag cars are going to be AT. With that time/power I'm sure its a built seq AT though.

Loved the Z32TT that I saw at Pinks All Out in NC a couple years ago. Completely stock looking, running 9s. Had a built chevy AT and the horn buttons on the steering wheel were setup as shift paddles.

That's local to me, actually at the same track as my sig pic. IIRC it has the record for fastest car equipped with irs.

Lucky, I only got to see it once at the LSX Shootout last year.

30" tires?
I mean, HOW? Each rear tire is 15" wide?

30" in height.

Drag tires (and monster truck tires) measures the diameter on the tire. So i'd guess they are 30" from one side to another.

While you are correct about how they are measured, think about it. How big is a 30" tire length-wise? Big numbers (usually 26"-30", sometimes bigger) measure height, not length.

Correct. They are 30" in diameter.

Wrong, 30" tall. (Unless you were talking about if you laid the tire down and measured that diameter, from one sidewall to the other. )

It looks like the 'Vette has a license plate...? Is it street legal? I also assume automatic trans?

Yes, a th350 automatic. You can get just about anything street legal as long as you know someone. ;)

With that time/power I'm sure its a built seq AT though.

Nope, just an old transmissions GM put out a long time ago with a torque converter gettin' the job done.

Yeah, I was wondering what kind of build that thing had- it's got to be pretty rugged.

See above.

Last edited:
I expected 30" to be bigger...thanks guys.

They are probably on 16" wheels.

Purpose built. Fast as fuck in a straight line, beautifully made, but ruined a nicely handling Corvette for that :(
I wonder if you can put normal tires back on it and detune it a bit to make it behave on the road...

I know absolutely nothing about drag racing so excuse me if this is a stupid question, but wouldn't a build sequential or manual gearbox make it even faster than an (old?) AT?

I know absolutely nothing about drag racing so excuse me if this is a stupid question, but wouldn't a build sequential or manual gearbox make it even faster than an (old?) AT?
Built AT could make it faster I guess. It may have a squential shifter on the regular AT already, I would assume so. And not sure if it is computer controlled at all.

But for drag race an AT can always shift faster than a MT.

Which when you get into the higher end/faster cars they all have AT and makes it boring to me. Only way I like drag racing is driving my own car or regular street-type cars. Gets boring when every car just has a Ford/Chevy/Dodge V8 with Seq AT.

396649232_324c38130b_z.jpg

Art Morrison 1960 Corvette. Been in lesbians since GT5.

Buddys M3, with his new rims
http://img200.imageshack.**/img200/4908/photo0498d.jpg

I agree with jayjaya - nothing special nor awesome.

..maybe i'll post a few pictures of the 850 after polish and wash - just because i apparently can.