Top Gear Live... Final Gear CORNER???

Mr. Nice

Transmission ? BBC Top Gear
Readers, we need your help

Posted by TopGear.com
5:16 pm on Tuesday August 30, 2011

If you?ve been paying attention, you?ll already know that this year?s Top Gear Live show ? where we bring our pokey little TV programme to a great big stadium ? is shaping up to be rather good.

As well as a new recreation of our shambolic TV studio, tributes to our best ever challenges and the usual fire-spitting shenanigans from the three presenters, this year the live action is going to spill over onto our very own indoor track.

Built in partnership with Group Lotus Motorsport, designers of the original Top Gear test track at Dunsfold, our spanking new tarmac will play host to supercar parades, power laps from The Stig, plus some nifty skills from the likes of Tiff Needell and Sabine Schmitz.

There is, however, one piece of unfinished business. The two tracks ? one in London and one in Birmingham ? have one corner that remains nameless. And this is where you lot come in.

If you head to the Top Gear Live Facebook page, you?ll see a shortlist of names. Just pick your favourite from the shortlist of ten, and then come November you?ll have the smug satisfaction of knowing you played your own part in what promises to be a great show.

In other Top Gear Live news, the mammoth production team behind our stadium extravaganza are also putting together a series of excellent podcasts around this year?s event. You can listen to them right here.

Just to remind you, the dates announced so far are:

11-13 November 2011, Birmingham NEC

24-27 November 2011, ExCeL London

To book tickets or for more information on Top Gear Live, head this way.

The Ten 'Name That Corner' finalists:

-How Hard Can It Be?

-Cockney Corner

-Dangleberry

-Dock?s Drift

-Capital Corner

-Devil?s Armpit

-Final Gear

-The Belly Bender

-Spannerhead

-The Turtle?s Head

Vote Here

Bah, facebook, I refuse to create an account there, so (unfortunately) no vote from me...

We're tied for the number one slot as I type this.

Let's keep the votes coming in so that we can win by a sizable amount!

Up by 15 votes now. :)

I voted for....

Final Gear. :mrgreen:

Voted. :cool:

Voted. The count has jumped up by 3 in the last 2 minutes.