Deus Ex: Human Revolution

The fucking boss fights
Links to DX1 (some crappy emails and that's about it?)
The fucking boss fights
Felt linear, side quests don't make it not feel linear
When you really think about Deus Ex 1 was quite linear too and it had boss fights. I am not too far in HR, but so far it has been quite close to the original in experience.

Also, you need to watch after the credits.

I did, one crappy cut scene doesn't link it to the first one

When you really think about Deus Ex 1 was quite linear too and it had boss fights. I am not too far in HR, but so far it has been quite close to the original in experience.

Except Deus Ex 1 never felt as linear, NYC and Paris felt alot more 'open' for exploring than Hengsha or Detroit. The charecters in HR are nowhere near as interesting either,

Is there any way to buy some ammo for the combat rifle or the heavy machine gun? I love the heavy machine gun, but I have no way of replenishing the ammo.

Just beat the game, it's kinda short. I never played the original, so I only know what's been revealed in this game.
I know this game is a pre-quel, so which of the 4 endings are the "true ending" that's cannon with the other games?

Hacking came in handy later, I basically hacked every computer, hacking the turret and robots are really helpful. At the end when everyone turns into zombies I just kill them with my melee. The revolver and heavy rifle are crazy good, I usually fight the regular guys with shotgun and later the laser gun, and save the revolver and heavy rifle for tough enemies and boss fights. The first boss was pretty hard, because I was low on ammo and I didn't have the heavy rifle yet. But for almost every boss fight after that, it was quite easy (I'm playing on the middel difficulty). I just keep popping pills and stimpacks in the inventory screen and keep spamming the rifle. Usually the bosses die in less than 200 shots (don't need to reload).

I watched all 4 endings. I think in theory I agree with Sarif's philosophy, mankind survived and got to where we are today because of new inventions and technologies. But both Sarif and TYM were researching augmentations for military purpose. If technology keeps advancing they way they described in the game, eventually mankind will kill themselves. I didn't agree with Darrow's view at all, the moment we stop inventing is the day we doom ourselves. Tagart's view is probably the most moderated. Allowed controlled advancement of technology. And of course there's the self-destruct, I don't think that would achieve anything. Not choosing is not an option at the end (at least not a good choice imo).
Overall the game is good, but the maps are way too limited, and each city felt way too similar. The graphic is good but not great, everything looks too yellow. The cover system also takes some getting used too with the hold and tap space doing different things. They should've offered this game with 3rd person option, the constantly chaning perspective was a bit disorientating. Overall, 8/10.

Mass murderer. :p
http://img171.imageshack.**/img171/369/dxhr2011090508190074.png

Last edited:
Final boss fight in 45 seconds (I loaded the previous save and recorded this)

I've now started my third playthrough.

The first was my usual Deus Ex style; almost entirely non-lethal but killing those that seem to deserve it and give me little choice while knocking out almost everyone else and thoroughly reading through every word of e-mail.

The second was completely non-lethal and getting Ghost for all of the areas it's possible to, so never being spotted and only knocking out two or three people in the entire game.

Now my third is 100% lethal, on a mad rampage.

Good game.

Just bought this yesterday, I'll give you guys a quick run down of what I think so far.

Pros:

Very atmospheric, I like the moral choices
Good story
Cover mechanic works well
Alternate routes around levels for stealthy options
The option to potentially talk a suspect down is awesome

Cons

Being forced into first person view, I would have liked the option for third person
Some facial customisation would have been a nice touch
Hacking is quite confusing the first time

OK the Barrett boss fight is insanely hard compared to everyone else I have faced so far, in fact I would go so far as to call it cheap.

OK the Barrett boss fight is insanely hard compared to everyone else I have faced so far, in fact I would go so far as to call it cheap.

Definitely agree. I did it about 10 times before I just rocketed him and then ran up and did a mag dump from my pistol into his head and beat him.

THREAD RESURRECTION

Ok, so I finally got around to getting and playing this game, but I'm encountering a massive hindrance. The game starts out running fine, my computer is more than capable of handling it, but over time (a few minutes) the game slows down until it is essentially unplayable as if there was a huge memory leak. I've tried multiple settings, I've set it to High Priority in task manager, and it doesn't even show as using a lot of resources. Any clue what might be causing this and how to fix it? Google has been of no help to me, so thanks for anything.

There was a place in -spoilers- Zhao's office -/spoilers- where the game always crashed. I had to set filtering from trilinear to bilinear.

I just recently completed DE:HR an' I can safely say I've been kicking meself for nearly missing out on a great game. I missed it the first time round back in August 2011 when it was released but it's the same with many other games. Me reason being is that some other game I was more interested in was probably released around the same time OR I was doing something. August last year was when I spent a month in America an' when I got back I had Dead Island waiting for me then shortly after it was Arkham City, Uncharted 3, MW3 then Saints Row the Third so I was um, kinda busy.

But like always when it's a quiet time of the year, I look back on releases that I've missed, buy them then wonder why THE FUCK I never got 'em the first time round. <_<

I like to think I've got decent taste in video games. One or two purchases may say otherwise but that's mainly because I'm a curious bastard an' I wanna know what all the hype is about. (MW an' Dead Island in particular.) But yeah like I said I like to think I've got decent taste in video games an' I'm physically a good indicator of a good game. (Some may be the same too.)

If I CAN'T LEAVE A GAME ALONE an' am still up at half 3 int morning having started playing at 2 in the after noon the day before, then that's good.
If I play a game for hours an' hours on end an' go red int face from sheer frustration 'cause I'm stuck or I know what I should be doing but keep getting killed anyway an' STILL try an' beat it, then that's good.
If I have to have a break an' go an calm down with a coffee an' a fag from trying to beat a boss then go back to it slighty fresher than before, then it bloody well has to be good 'cause me eyes have been bulging, that vein has popped out ont side of me head an' I've been hurling abuse at characters who can't hear me such as "bollocking bastard tits" an' "cunty-rag shithouse," then it must be good.

DE:HR ticked all of the appropriate boxes an' made damn well sure all of that happened. An' it definitely must be good if right now I wanna go back an' do it all again. What can I say, I enjoyed it immensely an' wanna complete it again along with finishing all the side missions I missed out on the first run through. Great game, glad I played it before I totally forgot about it. An' I am a little bit in love with Adam Jensen an' his Augmentchoos an' Crunchy Pirate...

Last edited: