Random Thoughts....

I found karting quite fun, too many aggressive drivers though.

Last edited:
I found karting quite fun, too many aggressive drivers though.

x2, it's all great fun, except if there are some losers who can't stand losing 0.001s/lap

if someone like that is bumping in my ass, i go to the middle of the track, and jump on the brakes...they realy don't like that :D

i'm going carting tuesday, we have a little competition going with several people from the company i work for

I love Finalgear.com. It's like a small Michael Jackson with delicious feet moonwalking on your tongue

Avoid banana peels, turtle shells, and fake boxes. Try and get the star power if you can.
:lol:
I read something in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" that reminded me of Top Gear:

"It wasn't a big spaceship. If the villagers had been experts on spaceships they would have known at once that is was a pretty nifty one, a small, sleek Hrundi four-berth runabout with just about every optional extra on the brochure except Advanced Vectoid Stabilisis, which only wimps went for. You can't get a good tight, sharp curve around a trilateral time axis with Advanced Vectoid Stabilisis. All right, it's a bit safer, but it makes the handling go all soggy."

Last edited:
:lmao: That book did disappoint towards the end

:lmao: That book did disappoint towards the end

Adams thought so too. It was revealed after his death that he had started working on another book to end the series properly.

And he had plans for a Dirk Gently movie.

I agree, the end was a bit....how should I put it...bad? Anyway, as a whole the book is great!

What a coincidence; I went karting yesterday... A couple friends and I went here: http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/

According to the race results on their website, my fastest lap time improved in each of the four races:

First Race: 16.65s
Second Race: 16.11s
Third Race: 16.07s
Fourth Race: 15.69s

I think I did pretty well for a first timer. :D

Anyone else remembers a movie where a guy goes buy a car just before getting married (some Lamborghini replica, they call it something else) and pays a lot of money but the car turns out to be crap.
Then the saleswoman helps him, they blow up the place and he gets just in time for his own wedding?
Help, I'm going bonkers trying to find out the name of this movie...
EDIT: Found it! :D http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095384/

Last edited:
What a coincidence; I went karting yesterday... A couple friends and I went here: http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/

According to the race results on their website, my fastest lap time improved in each of the four races:

First Race: 16.65s
Second Race: 16.11s
Third Race: 16.07s
Fourth Race: 15.69s

I think I did pretty well for a first timer. :D

16s for a lap? or you drive very fast, or the track is very short. over here most tracks take between 40-60s to make a lap

16s for a lap? or you drive very fast, or the track is very short. over here most tracks take between 40-60s to make a lap

I was thinking exactly the same!
I go karting quite often with my friends and former teachers and I get quite of a paradox:
I don't like indoor karting because I think the track is always too short and slow, but, that's where my best results come from. I've managed to be top 4 on all the races, among +/- 12 drivers. My preferred circuit of this kind in Rio has a laptime of around 33s for novices and I currently am in 7th position in the overall kartodrome (is that the word?) ranking, with a laptime of 30.440s .

On the other hand, though, everytime we went to an open, fast paced circuit, I've struggled to get around 4th - 6th. I don't know why it happens, someone much more experienced once told me I had good braking skills, but was using it errouneously so I was attacking the corners much slower than I should. "Break a little later" - he advised me. Problem is, if I try doing that, I always spin. And it isn't very pleasant to see other karts coming in your direction.... So, I need to improve that because at the moment, I race well where I don't like and race badly where I like :p

What do you need guys for when you have girls :mrgreen:

http://img501.imageshack.**/img501/5688/fullres171coledyl3.th.jpg

Thanks so much!

I've only ever been karting twice, both times just those silly little places you go to just for fun and not to be competitive. The first one was an oval track and the corners were slippery as hell. I didn't know this beforehand and was in for quite a surprise in the first bend. Before long I was powersliding like a pro and impressing the hell out of the little kids I was racing against. The second place had 2 road courses made out of wood. I got a warning because my brother kept slamming his brakes on in front of me and I'd hit him. :lol:

If I ever win the lottery I'm having a go kart track built in my backyard. Screw having a bowling alley in your basement!