The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

There was pictures of stuff like that on the news when the northern areas got flooded a month or so back. They showed underground car parks for large companies, where high end people owned Astons and Jaguars. They were floating.

There was pictures of stuff like that on the news when the northern areas got flooded a month or so back. They showed underground car parks for large companies, where high end people owned Astons and Jaguars. They were floating.

Think of the upside - extra sales for Aston & Jag.

Downside: If you think you are getting a good deal on an Aston or Jag, chances are it was flooded out at some point. We have that problem here in the US with the cars flooded in Katrina. I got a letter from my dealership the other day saying that since they know my car was never in that part of the country they want to buy it at greater than high Blue Book. Of course, they would love it if I traded it in on a new car.

Downside: If you think you are getting a good deal on an Aston or Jag, chances are it was flooded out at some point. We have that problem here in the US with the cars flooded in Katrina. I got a letter from my dealership the other day saying that since they know my car was never in that part of the country they want to buy it at greater than high Blue Book. Of course, they would love it if I traded it in on a new car.

I got one of those from my local VW dealership saying, and I must say one of the greatest lines I've ever heard, they were "greatly understocked in the used car lots and needed to have a certain number of used cars for the month of May(?)". If I brought my car in, they would give me at minimum $7,000 for it regardless of the condition, for a trade in of course.

Now it was quite apparent from the off that this was a generic letter and had no idea the condition of my car. I was half tempted to go there and say "Now wait just a minute, you told me you would give me $7,000 for this 11 year old car with 200,000 miles. Now I want my money!"

Used to be a dutch TV commercial. :lol:

Wasn't it Japanese?

[YOUTUBE]M0LfLk9lLEg[/YOUTUBE]

Heh, posting vids in a picture thread.

Special Guest Teacher: Michael Jackson.

Winterattitude.jpg

Winter sucks...

Personally, I love winter. I just had to add the "Winter sucks" caption.

People from California doesn't have a say in the matter....

I may live here, but I'm from Colorado and Utah!

On an unrelated note, I pulled these off my phone's memory card today.

You know those lousy TV things they have at the check out at some major grocery stores? This is what was on one.
02260718541_000.jpg

And this was parked outside
03240719071.jpg

I love that the guy bough the "Sport" model! Must be MoparMan to own such a driving machine.

^^^^ a lot of the check out machines at various grocery stores run various forms of windows.

You'd expect a checkout machine to use something like Windows CE rather than 2000, though.

Oh, and since we're on the topic of public errors on computers: on my trip over here, I managed to crash X on a public computer running SuSE in Frankfurt airport, and repeatedly crashed the copy of Windows CE running my in-seat entertainment for the Frankfurt-SFO flight. :p