Guess That Car game - By Clues Only

The word is "ute" and the car you're looking for is the Ford Ranchero, built in 1957, out sold by the far more popular El Camino! Am I right?

Sweet

1. Once driven by Richard Petty, after crashing it, his wife told him to never again drive that car.

2. It's name meaning "race", it was originally a race-homoginized trim, but has now become more of an upscale version of the base model.

911 Carrera IROC? They only "carrera" I've found that Richard Petty has raced :)

Not sure how that fits the 2nd clue tho, since carreras are currently base models.

EDIT: You bastard

Carrera is correct. And its the Base model now? I thought it was like the highest trim you could get before getting into the Turbo and the GT2/GT3...

Here's the next one. It'll probably be too easy. Hope it hasn't been done before.

1. In top-level factory setup, it was rated at a conservative 360 HP.
2. At first, it was only available in 2 colors.

I can't believe I didn't answer this sooner (mainly because I didn't know what it was rated at). But to quote the comercials:

"Here comes THE JUDGE!"

Pontiac GTO Judge

Two colors were Red and Black, right? Though I think it was something like 95% were the Red and only 5% were Black.

I think the colors were orange and black.

Nope. The top-spec Judge was rated at 370 HP, and it was actually ONLY offered in Carousel Red when the "Judge" was first released in '69. Later in the year you could get in other colors.

Nope. The top-spec Judge was rated at 370 HP, and it was actually ONLY offered in Carousel Red when the "Judge" was first released in '69. Later in the year you could get in other colors.

No, there were two colors availble, and I think black was the second. Might have been another color, but it was offered as an option (I know wikipedia says otherwise), it just wasn't picked much (mainly because the comercials only had the Red, and the second color was never pushed). And I don't think it was untill the MY1970 came out that more was offered.

Wikipedia disagrees with my muscle car knowledge, which comes from watching too many classic car shows on Speed. Unfortunately, which is more believeable :p Though you are right about the engines, didn't catch that.

Not to be a bitch, but I still disagree. This is from ultimateGTO.com. The other colors came later.

A specially optioned GTO could be ordered which was called The Judge. The first 5000 Judges were painted Carousel Red (a bright shade of orange).

Anyway, you're pretty warm.

Colder. The GTO "Judge" was pretty warm.

I don't know if the Montego fits the clues or not, but it's not what I was thinking of.

You are allowed yes/no questions, you know....

Last edited:
1. In top-level factory setup, it was rated at a conservative 360 HP.
2. At first, it was only available in 2 colors.
3. It's first year, the interior only came in black.

Start asking yes/no questions.

Is it a GM Product?