HERE IT IS!! Nissan GT-R embargo broken by MotorTrend!

Figures are good though. That's .4 seconds quicker to 60 than a 911 turbo. That'll do thanks.
[pedantic german]Nein!; If you're thinking of the 997 Turbo then it's .2 of a second faster than the manual and .1 of a second slower than the Tiptronic S...[/pedantic german]

Source

When it comes to this car I stay with what I've previously said...

Sorry but that is a fuck up of epic proportions. How it went from the concept to that is beyond me.

[pedantic german]Nein!; If you're thinking of the 997 Turbo then it's .2 of a second faster than the manual and .1 of a second slower than the Tiptronic S...[/pedantic german]

I don't know if it's the 997, I can't tell one 911 generation from the other :) I went from what is on the Porsche UK site http://www.porsche.com/uk/ Models > 911 Overview > 911 Turbo. That quotes 3.9 and is the lowest of any of the 911's mentioned there. But I stand to be corrected.

I don't know if it's the 997, I can't tell one 911 generation from the other :) I went from what is on the Porsche UK site http://www.porsche.com/uk/ Models > 911 Overview > 911 Turbo. That quotes 3.9 and is the lowest of any of the 911's mentioned there. But I stand to be corrected.

Porsche tends to under-state the real performance of their cars.

That's because the UK lists the acelleration to 62 mph (same as 100 km/h, well to be very pedantic 100 km/h is 62,1504 mph, but anyway...) and not 60 mph as in the US. The slight difference is due to getting to 62 mph usually requires a gear change. Motor Trend is an american magazine so they use 60 mph and not 62 mph.

By the way Porsche UK lists the 997 Turbo as 3,9 to 62 mph for the manual and 3,7 for the Tiptronic S.

And yes, Porsche usually deliberately understates their cars performance. For instance the standard 997 Carrera S is quoted 4,6 to 60 mph, whereas Road & Track recorded a 3,9 to 60 mph.

Yes, my life is empty now as today I handed in the project I have been working on the last couple of weeks... :|

Last edited:
Note to automotive photographers:

Turn on the damn light!

Well, I thought the prototype was ugly, and this might be marginally uglier. Like others have noted, they got rid of anything good that was there and left all the ugly. It had better be a real beast on the track to compensate.

meh, not to crazy over the face. looks like a crazy asian man. no offense to anyone. with those squinty eyes and stupid smile

^ *cough*BlaRo*cough*

But why? WHY did Nissan decide to take the one decent detail for the concept car from the production car? Better peel the panels off the next 997 Turbo it happens upon to make me forget it.

(That, or you could modify the bumper to add those carbon fiber inserts...)

2008_Nissan_GT-R_005.jpg

That is the only decent looking thing on/in the car.

I quite like the back, but not so much the front.

2008_Nissan_GT-R_002.jpg

Ah well, only 7 days until it is officially debuting at the Tokyo Motor Show. I hope alot of speculation and rumor will be put to rest by then.

I really don't think it is as bad as you all are saying...it just isn't as nice. Still worried about the vette though.

2008_Nissan_GT-R_005.jpg

That is the only decent looking thing on/in the car.

tuners are gonna have their hands full slapping parts on this

but really, it looked pretty mean in concept form, but everytime I look at the official pictures I think all different kinds of wtf?'s

we might be in for a dramatic show if this doesnt sell

Personally i think how the rear side window ends
make the car looks very ugly from the side........

the rest are fine...................and fixable with all the bodykit that's gonna be coming out

Not sure, I think its pretty good. Doesn't blow me away though. Where is this article everyone is crapping on about :S??