Scientology: Your days are numbered.

Why the protests?
I mean let them do whatever they want, BUT people should be informed loud and clear just how stupid their belief system actally is. Common sense and information should prevent more more members and maybe "heal" the existing ones.
What are people acctually saying with protests? Make them illegal? Prosecute them?
I don't get it.

The whole idea here is that we're not against believing in Scientology, people can believe in what ever. We're against the huge organization behind it that profits from the misery of other, kills, lies, destroys.

really, if you don't get 'why' you should educate yourself on the matter.

http://img138.imageshack.**/img138/6430/salvationidiotlogiestexmj9.jpg

More than anything, the protests were and are about awareness. The more people that know the truth about the CoS, the more will tell their friends and family. The more that know, the fewer will be tricked into joining the cult. The fewer that join, the less money the CoS will have to throw its weight around.

Easy protests don't work, it's that simple.

Are you kidding me? The sheer amount of media coverage has made this an international event. The word has spread, more people than ever are finding out the truth behind the cult.

But, hey, if sitting at your computer telling people, "LOL PROTESTS DON"T WORK LOL" makes you feel good, I guess that's up to you. Meanwhile, other people will continue to try to spread the word and help people.

I was gonna go to the Boston raid today. Got lazy.
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=SQKbHBqDwSI[/YOUTUBE]

So.. what would people say if Tom Cruise is the one behind anonymous? :p

Are you kidding me? The sheer amount of media coverage has made this an international event. The word has spread, more people than ever are finding out the truth behind the cult.

But, hey, if sitting at your computer telling people, "LOL PROTESTS DON"T WORK LOL" makes you feel good, I guess that's up to you. Meanwhile, other people will continue to try to spread the word and help people.
I didn't say protests don't work, I said easy protests don't work.

Here's the deal, I couldn't give two shits about Scientology, even if it is a scam. So are pyramid schemes, time shares, and extended warranties. Even so, some of you feel passionately about this church so you parade about on your day off. Great that is your right. Sure you'll raise some awareness, maybe kick around the hornets nest. But don't forget Tom Cruise has a bigger soapbox then you.

Just to illustrate the point, here are protesters ones that get stuff done and others. . .

we_are_idiots_jpg.jpg

photo-hosing-civil-rights-protesters.jpg

I didn't say protests don't work, I said easy protests don't work.

Care to enlighten us on the difference between a "hard" and an "easy" protest?

Sure you'll raise some awareness, maybe kick around the hornets nest. But don't forget Tom Cruise has a bigger soapbox then you.

Tom Cruise has been doing more damage to the CoS's reputation lately than any other person I can think of.

Also, there is no bigger soapbox than the Internet.

Just to illustrate the point, here are protesters ones that get stuff done and others. . .

we_are_idiots_jpg.jpg

...What? Please try to make your point coherent instead of posting some "funny picture" you found on Google.

Last edited:
When your out of your comfort zone will you still protest? Would you protest if you faced certain arrest, bodily harm, etc? Is your cause that important?

When your out of your comfort zone will you still protest? Would you protest if you faced certain arrest, bodily harm, etc? Is your cause that important?

I see you've utterly failed to comprehend the idea of peaceful protest. Oh, well. I guess if you want to cling to the idea that the only successful protests involve arrests and violence, that's fine by me.

you have just entered the very heart, soul, and life force of the internet. this is a place beyond sanity, wild and untamed. there is nothing new here. "new" content on 4chan is not found; it is created from old material. every interesting, offensive, shocking, or debate inspiring topic you've seen elsewhere has been posted here ad infinitum. we are the reason for "not safe for work". we are the anonymous army. cross us and you will fail. anonymous is everywhere. you depend on us every day. we bag your groceries, we fix your computers. anonymous sees you before you see him. sitting at desks around the world right now is a nameless, faceless, unforgiving mafia composed of the best of the best.

We are 4channers. the people devoid of any type of soul or conscience. products of cynicism and apathy, spreading those very sentiments daily. anonymous is the hardened war veteran of the internet. he does not forgive or forget. we have seen things that defy explanations. heard stories that would make any god-fearing, law abiding citizen empty their stomach where they stand. we have experienced them multiple times and eagerly await their return.

4chan is a place of sheer genius and utter stupidity, and there is often a thin line dividing the two. here you will see a state of mind that exists in most human beings, but is rarely if ever shown. this is a place where taboos do not exist. 4chan cannot simply be regarded as a simple website or imageboard. it is so much more than code. 4chan is alive and constantly changing. this is a subculture, a self-governing sect of the world. rich in history and foundation. to become a 4chan user is to speak a different language. to leave behind any methods of conventional thinking you once knew.

There are things here that you will not understand and things you never will understand. if you cannot accept this then GTFO now. because there is no turning back.

This is 4chan, this is /b/ "

Oh, good, an INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS quote from some /b/tard. That'll make your argument much stronger.

Protip: Learn the difference between /b/ and Anonymous.

This guy thought his was...but what did he know, right?

martin-luther-king2.jpg

Easy protests don't work, it's that simple.

Easy protest don't work? And by "easy" do you mean non-violent and peaceful protests? You bloody idiot.

Have you ever heard of Mahatma Gandhi? Yeah, I'm sure you haven't, and I'm sure you don't even know what he did.

Gandhi, in his younger days was a sophisticated and Westernized lawyer who later gave away all that to fight for India's independence and who, after much fighting and protesting, won India it's independence. And how did he do that?

Well, his philosophy of nonviolence and his passion for independence began a drive for freedom that doomed colonialism. He underwent long (at times over a month) fasts, for both self-purification and protest. That's right, he did not believe in violence and he and his protesters just sat and "quietly" protested. "Easy" protesting, as you call it. The British however, implemented the police and killed many, many protesters, who never fought back. And by doing this, and undergoing his fight for independence, India finally got it in 1947.

Oh, but people died I hear you say. Yes, but hundreds of thousands more DIDN'T die from otherwise protesting violently and fighting the Britishers and from refuting a civil war.

Mahatma Gandhi was in no way the originator of the principle of non-violence. But he was the first to apply it in political field on a huge scale and win. You could say that he single-handedly got India it's independence and how? By a non-violent and determined protest.

Yes, yes and yes, if your cause is something so dear to you and when people lives are at risk you'd have to. There are people out there, right now, who are destroying their lives because of Scientology. And any awareness these otherwise naive people can get, is justified by the "easy" protest people are doing all around the world, today.

BCS, you are teh king. :p

Last edited:
This guy thought his was...but what did he know, right?

martin-luther-king2.jpg

Well, apparently he knew a whole damn lot more than the Toronto District School Board.
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_19065.aspx
Just when you think "we've been through this and everyone is clear on it" there's always some idiots who think they know better. :mad:

BUT, back on topic. The reason for peacefull protests is to inform the public at large of something they might not be aware of and show wrongdoers that there are people who are aware of them and their activities and who won't stand their injustice any longer. They are necessary, because without them, even if people are aware of a problem and they want to do something about it, alone they're powerless against big organizations such as the "church" of scientology, but if they know there are others like them, a lot more will begin to speak up about it, rather than crawl into a corner scared. And then more people who were indifferent about it will form their own opinion on the matter and act on it.

And don't think that the stopping of peaceful protests works in this day and age. Oh no, not anymore. Not when you have digital media and the internet at your side. If people protest peacefully and someone stops them, may God help the people who tried to thwart free speech. If you suppress 40 peaceful protesters today, tomorrow you'll have an angry mob of 700 to deal with.

So what if those converted by scientology will still support the wrong-doings of the "church" of scientology? The "church" has now been put under the social focal lens, and people are looking at them more attentively than ever before. Not only that, but they are wary of what the church of scientology does and will likely think things through when they encounter them before acting rashly.

What these protests will do is halt the recent expansion of the church of scientology in its tracks. Most recently, they use puppets like tom cruise and other celebrities to attract public media attention to them and portray them in a good light so that they gain more recruits. And it worked. Until people wised up to it. And now the protests are raising awareness on the issues that most of the public don't know about the church of scientology. As a result of that, people of the world can make a more informed decision as to whether join it or not.

And it's about bloody time that somebody speaks out ... even though they hide their faces from the public (probably better for their personal safety, too).

Well stupid troll is stupid in this thread...

I was rather surprised with the turn outs. I was skeptical from the start, but I applaud Anon.

anybody else see the dumbass trick the scifags pulled on the partyvan site. i guess they're just butthurt because they got burned so badly today.

Easy protest don't work? And by "easy" do you mean non-violent and peaceful protests? You bloody idiot.

Have you ever heard of Mahatma Gandhi? Yeah, I'm sure you haven't, and I'm sure you don't even know what he did.

Gandhi, in his younger days was a sophisticated and Westernized lawyer who later gave away all that to fight for India's independence and who, after much fighting and protesting, won India it's independence. And how did he do that?

Well, his philosophy of nonviolence and his passion for independence began a drive for freedom that doomed colonialism. He underwent long (at times over a month) fasts, for both self-purification and protest. That's right, he did not believe in violence and he and his protesters just sat and "quietly" protested. "Easy" protesting, as you call it. The British however, implemented the police and killed many, many protesters, who never fought back. And by doing this, and undergoing his fight for independence, India finally got it in 1947.

Oh, but people died I hear you say. Yes, but hundreds of thousands more DIDN'T die from otherwise protesting violently and fighting the Britishers and from refuting a civil war.

Mahatma Gandhi was in no way the originator of the principle of non-violence. But he was the first to apply it in political field on a huge scale and win. You could say that he single-handedly got India it's independence and how? By a non-violent and determined protest.

Yes, yes and yes, if your cause is something so dear to you and when people lives are at risk you'd have to. There are people out there, right now, who are destroying their lives because of Scientology. And any awareness these otherwise naive people can get, is justified by the "easy" protest people are doing all around the world, today.

BCS, you are teh king. :p

The difference here is not how they protested but what they were fighting for. You can't compare getting a country, or even a whole race of people it's freedom to shutting down some church most people don't even know enough about to care.

On top of that how are you going to, "liberate," all these followers who don't want to be helped. They are happy with their religion, but your telling them it's a scam, it's a cult. Bit of a slap in the face for them. I know if some one insulted me like that it sure wouldn't persuade me to their side. And don't get me started on this Anonymous group. I know you guys aren't involved in it but what a cowardly way to fight someone, behind the protection of the internet. If anything they will set back your cause. What did they hope to accomplish by sending white powder to everyone or shutting down a server?

Well stupid troll is stupid in this thread...

I was rather surprised with the turn outs. I was skeptical from the start, but I applaud Anon.
I'm not trying to be a troll, just voicing my opinion. I feel I have used good logic and reason to back up my arguments, and I'm not really attacking any of you personally. There are always many perspectives to an issue like this, my view is just perpindicular to yours.

Last edited: