The "New Toys" Thread

Good idea to send it back. The reason my mate didn't do anything was because the shop we both bought ours from went bankrupt :lol: They were good.

Dell 2407WFP-HC from ebay! with 2.5 years of warranty left! For $410(+$50 for shipping) It's not a SLICK deal but I can live with spending that much for an amazing screen.

I hate to say this and sound like an ass, but you shoulda talked to me or at least the forum first. :(

For less money, you could have gotten my monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824255001 (it was $360 after a $50 rebate, you can find it in stores for about the same)

It's MVA rather than TFT (much higher viewing angle) and it has HDMI support (so you can watch copyrighted HD movies on it).

Still though, awesome monitor. I <3 having a 24". Welcome to the club! :D

I hate to say this and sound like an ass, but you shoulda talked to me or at least the forum first. :(

For less money, you could have gotten my monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824255001 (it was $360 after a $50 rebate, you can find it in stores for about the same)

It's MVA rather than TFT (much higher viewing angle) and it has HDMI support (so you can watch copyrighted HD movies on it).

Still though, awesome monitor. I <3 having a 24". Welcome to the club! :D
Oh ya dont worry about that man, I already know about that westinghouse LCD. I was very tempted by it but I read about the humming issue and the back light or something. And also I wanted one with USB ports and CF readers. Yea I could've settled for that Westinghouse for $360 but this LCD in particular's got 92% gamut, which I am not sure if the westinghouse has.

Anyways, yea maybe I'll do DUAL monitor with a westinghouse if it wasn't for that big ass frame its got =)

Anyways, yea maybe I'll do DUAL monitor with a westinghouse if it wasn't for that big ass frame its got =)

Dual monitor with identical monitors is the sweet way to go. That way it's level all the way across and the brightness, etc. is identical......but it would be pretty expensive to snatch up two of what you have ;)

yea, I'll never do dual 24". This dual set up I currently have is already beyond what I have ever imagined.

BTW viper, I also heard that the westinghouse had sleep issues as well when using dvi-> hdmi cable but maybe you have better experience.

I was very tempted by it but I read about the humming issue and the back light or something.

Yeah, I read about that too, but I think that's just some isolated cases. I didn't have that problem.

BTW viper, I also heard that the westinghouse had sleep issues as well when using dvi-> hdmi cable but maybe you have better experience.

It's not an issue, it's intended. It's because HDMI is a video input (like component or S-Video), so if the monitor turned off just because you turned off your PS3 (which also uses HDMI), it'd be weird.

It's not like it's hard to press the power button anyway when I walk away from the PC. :p

Last edited:
Hehe, ya it's easy to hit the power button. But for me I've not pressed the power button in maybe a year. I just let my computer turn off the monitor itself as I leave my computer 24/7 for downloads.

Ultimately I Think i made the right choice on the dell. It's something I really love.

Also i found reviews on there's a comparable samsung... 245T and that one is EXPENSIVE too!

Hehe, ya it's easy to hit the power button. But for me I've not pressed the power button in maybe a year. I just let my computer turn off the monitor itself as I leave my computer 24/7 for downloads.

I never turn off my PC either, but I always turn off my monitors manually before I go to bed. No sense in letting it sit for 15 more minutes before turning off IMO.

Well, only to sleep of course.

He takes his iPod Touch with him. :p
Honestly, I do. :lol:

I always listen to podcasts while making food or dropping the kids off at the pool.

I have the 60 GB version. It just stopped reading discs.. Blu-ray, DVD, Cd-rom (standard music), none of which worked.. Rather than waiting it out i send it to Sony through the dealer. 4-5 weeks and i'll have it back again and ready for GTA IV and GT5P :)
Why did you send it back through the dealer, I have a friend who sent it back directly to Sony and got his back the next week. (It was almost the same problem, except it could still read Blu-Rays)

Because it is the dealers responsibility here in Denmark. You can't just send it directly to Sony as far as i know, and then i'd also have to pay various transportation fees and such.

What really pisses me off about this whole thing is not that it's broke, but that there is no way i can follow the progress from the dealer to Sony and back. 4-5 weeks is a long time not knowing that's wrong with your beloved PS3.
I'f i'm as lucky as i usually are with these things then they say its not a warranty issue, but misuse or something like that and then i have to pay for the damn repair.

Oh and that 300 joke is just hilarious :D