[08x01] May 7th, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah, I have to wait 9 and a half hours more, plus the time it takes to rip and upload it, THEN downloading time! :p

Low the ccx does not come with ceramic brake disc as a standart??? Its a pricy option: 15000 Euros. How fucked up is that compared to the competition this car is going up against.

Just read the episode highlights at TGs website. I'm dying to see Hammond driving that silly pink car in front of his people:

"This week on shiny new Top Gear, Jeremy takes a drive in the Koenigsegg CCX, one of the most powerful production supercars on the planet.

They all get together to turn a classic people carrier into a truly magnificent convertible. And then complete a series of challenges designed to test the versatility of their new creation."

By the way, in about 20hours and a bit it's the F1 Germany GP. Alonso made pole position, Schumacher's second.

Take care, 8)

We also punish Richard for The 5 O'Clock Show, by making him drive a pink Nissan Micra convertible around the town where he does his shopping."

(don't know how to add the photo of the pink micra, sorry)

I have heard that ceramic brakes are not so superduber good in normal road use because they need higher operating temperature.

Some years ago there was negative talk in Koenigsegg site against ceramic brakes.

The Koenigsegg story is quite fun for me since I have been down at the factory and interviewed Christian about various things. Among those we talked about teh carbon ceramic discs and how he didn't think that they were good enough yet. The negatives didn't match the positives for a car which was aimed for other uses than the track. I guess pressure has increased over the last 1 ? years...

ColumbusIS said:
CAN YOU FEEL IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes i can, i can't wait :thumbsup:

"Along with the new studio (littered with some favourite TG cars from previous series), there's also a new member of the Top Gear team. Again, you'll have to wait until Sunday to find out who it is, but if you want a clue, think Blue Peter... "

Who do you guess is the new member? maybe me? hahahaha

Is the torrent out yet??? ;)

I want to watch it live :cry:

Beni said:

Its hasn't even aired in the UK yet so how the hell could the torrent be out yet :?

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Beni said:

Its hasn't even aired in the UK yet so how the hell could the torrent be out yet :?
Witchcraft!

I hope the torrent's up when I wake up, then I can just watch it when I get home from school :D

Oooo less than 7 hours to go.... am going a bit bonkers with the waiting :?

Well it's going to be a surprisingly nice sunday for tv here :) First we have Airplane!, then some American Chopper and Top Gear as desert!

Beni said:

im trying to figure out the best tactic at the moment...

A: stay up, grab the torrent around ? am, download (how long does it take with these fresh torrents?), watch instead of going to sleep and go to school afterwards.
B: go to sleep, start pc before going to school, download while in school and watch afterwards.
C: getting up way too late as usual and not having time to start the dl before rushing out to school, starting it afterwards and going crazy because the dl goes with 20kb/s...

i think B would be best, but i fear i will be getting up too late as usual. early in the morning there is nothing that can get me out of bed. :D

1 hour 58 minutes guys!!!!

** FIZZES WITH EXCITEMENT **

does anybody know if this episode will be put on BBC's website (like the last episode)?

Thanks

bbc.co.uk/topgear got this weeks show summary

This week on shiny new Top Gear, Jeremy takes a drive in the Koenigsegg CCX, one of the most powerful production supercars on the planet.

They all get together to turn a classic people carrier into a truly magnificent convertible. And then complete a series of challenges designed to test the versatility of their new creation.

We also punish Richard for The 5 O'Clock Show, by making him drive a pink Nissan Micra convertible around the town where he does his shopping.

I CANT WAIT... Oh Em Gee

Status
Not open for further replies.