[22x08] June 28th, 2015 [The Final Clarkson, Hammond, & May Episode]

[22x08] June 28th, 2015 [The Final Clarkson, Hammond, & May Episode]

• Total voters
Has anyone heard when (or if) the final episode will air on BBC America in the USA? All of us Top Gear UK fans out here can only read the reviews but they haven't shown it nor have I heard anything about when it'll air. ARG! :mad:

Thanks!
Larry.

No, and I've emailed them several times asking about it. Always get the same sorry, can't answer reply. Maybe we should all bombard them with emails and tweets. Maybe that would get their attention.

854278shit.jpg

So he did know it was shit :p

I think the show went out with a wimper which is a shame. As much as I wanted to see the final films they made I almost wish it just ended with ep 7.

The elephant in the room is funny, but I think Russell Brand did it better in 2008 when he hosted the VMA awards.

The classic cars was a snoozer. I really wanted to get into it but just lost interest.

The 4x4 were more fun but still I just wasn't as engaged. Found myself browsing my phone half the time. This is one of those times where TG USA actually did it a lot better.

Here's hoping that they get to re-invigorate themselves for their new show.

6/10.

I think it was just those 2 films, unless the limo thing that Jeremy did was counted as a film. I think Richard and James both did a car review, but I remember thinking pre-fracas what was going to be in the last episode.

New 911 turbo in James's case I think...

Anyway, we should say a big 'thank you' for those 13 years...

Last edited:
I gave this a 9 originally but since then I've been wondering why I didn't feel I could give it a 10, as I actually enjoyed both segments and was saddened by the end of an era. After thought I've realised that the missing element was, of course, Jezza, in the studio with the two other guys, all bouncing ideas off one another. Don't know why it took me so long to work it out.

I enjoyed it, I always have enjoyed the show and I'm not terribly picky or spending time obsessing over episodes or picking them apart so maybe my opinion doesn't mean much but meh, as far as final episodes it was sad for sure, it seems every time I turn around something I enjoy comes to some kind of crappy end, sure would be nice if people could stop screwing up things for at least a little while.

Never thought a television show would mean so much to me. Thank you Jeremy, Richard, May, and Wilman for creating something so wonderful.

Never thought a television show would mean so much to me. Thank you Jeremy, Richard, May, and Wilman for creating something so wonderful.

So true. Hard to believe it's been a part of my life for 10 + years. Without this show, I never would have landed on this forum and would have certainly missed out on many connections, both online and in person, abroad and at home. Crazy to think about.

I do have to say, I've got a bit of a lump in my throat having just finished watching myself. Sad to see it go, but excited to see where we go from here.

A 9/10 for me. I started the episode with a bit of indifference, just not really ready to see the last of BBC's Top Gear but soon enough I had plenty of good laughs. Despite the usual TG silliness, I enjoyed every minute.

Bitter sweet episode that didn't do the show justice, I'm afraid. I guess it was unavoidable though.

I enjoyed the classic car challenge. For once they didn't completely ruin and destroy their cars, which I appreciate.

The 4X4 challenge was fun, for the most part. I wish they would have shown Jeremy abandoning his vehicle and running to the place instead of the car magically getting chopped in half, but oh well. And the "challenge" where they rolled the vehicles off the cliff just seemed lazy to me. I did get a good laugh at Jeremy on the sail boat "going a million."

7/10

Last edited:
Thanks for twelve unforgattable years of Top Gear with JC, Hamster and Captain Slow, it really marks the end of an era (if you're wondering - I only started watching in 2003). I knew that it had to come to an end sometime and thus enjoyed the last episode despite being just a collection of the leftovers from before the sudden end of the show. Both challenges were highly entertaining for me and delivered that typical bit of entertainment and Britishness that made this show so special. Goodbye and farewell, Top Gear.

I could understand the Clarkson sacking but really can't get why he wasn't allowed a decent goodbye. Someone that made you a fortune and brought an audience worldwide deserves better. The show deserves better. I mean, just look at the end. Two top gear icons, evidently held at gunpoint, end the series with hollow retoric after an disapointing episode. Where was Clarkson. Where was the man that obviuously got very old working for you. It should have been different dispite his unacceptable behavior.

Overall I will rate the series with an solid 10. Sure, some episodes were beter than other but it easily was the best thing on TV. In fact, I probably watched every tv appearance of all three presenters and will continue doing so.

edit: Just noticed; 10 years, one posting. That must mean that I had something important to say.....;)

Last edited:
Oh dear.... Its the last episode ever... in this format. I just can't rated

I enjoyed a lot, the episode, the series, the show itself... it's a pity the way it ended.

The only thing to say now, its thank you, thank you, thank you Clarkson, Hammond and May.

I could understand the Clarkson sacking but really can't get why he wasn't allowed a decent goodbye. Someone that made you a fortune and brought an audience worldwide deserves better. The show deserves better. I mean, just look at the end. Two top gear icons, evidently held at gunpoint, end the series with hollow retoric after an disapointing episode. Where was Clarkson. Where was the man that obviuously got very old working for you. It should have been different dispite his unacceptable behavior.

It could have been done. After all, they clearly had Clarkson come in and do some voice overs that were included in the segments, and he clearly was willing to do it. Therefore it would not have been a stretch to have asked him to appear with the others to say Goodbye.

The silent credit roll was, I believe, intended to be poignant and probably was in the editing suite, but was harmed by the mindless and inappropriate advert for Odyssey which blared out during the roll, which rather spoiled the mood.

Still, as someone once said, all things come to an end and nothing remains the same. TG was never going to go forever but it is a shame that it was ended by a combination of Clarkson out of control and BBC management making a series of bad decisions over several months; an apology to Clarkson over the Jimmy Saville comment might have changed his mind about not coming back.

- - - Updated - - -

edit: Just noticed; 10 years, one posting. That must mean that I had something important to say.....;)

Not a posting virgin anymore. :)

The silent credits thing was a bit too much imo. What show has ever done a credits sequence absolutely zero sound? No ambient noise, no nothing.