Concept: Audi e-Tron Concept - smaller, lighter version

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
Audi has taken the wraps off its Detroit show car, a smaller and lighter version of its e-tron electric sports car that the firm's development boss Michael Dick described as a "vision of how a small sports car positioned below R8 could look."
The new e-tron is just 3.93m long, 33cm shorter than the original e-tron from last year?s Frankfurt motor show. And at 1.78m wide and 1.22m tall, it?s significantly smaller than a TT.
New Audi e-tron: official pics
Like the larger e-tron, the new car is built around an aluminium space frame, and has body panels made from carbonfibre reinforced plastic, which helps to improve the body?s rigidity and keeps the kerbweight down to 1350kg, 250kg less than the first e-tron.
That?s despite a pair of electric motors and a bank of batteries, fitted between the cabin and the rear axle to improve weight distribution, which is 40:60 front/rear.
The twin motors? 204hp (and 1954lb ft of torque) can propel the car to 62mph in 5.9sec, although like the original e-tron top speed is limited to 124mph to conserve battery life. It also rear-drive rather than the first car?s four-wheel drive set-up.
Audi claims a range of 155 miles for the car on a full charge, which takes 11 hours from a 230v domestic supply. Plug the e-tron into a 400v socket and you can charge it in two hours.
The unveiling of this second e-tron model just a few months after the first was shown indicates that Audi is still looking at different formats for a future electric sports car. While the first e-tron previewed a car the size of an R8 that would cost over ?100,000, this second model is clearly aimed at providing a more affordable electric sports car.
Audi is also keen to develop e-tron as a brand in its own right. CEO Rupert Stadler said that "we're confident that e-tron will become as famous as quattro."

Audi-E-1111010421567511600x1060.jpg

Audi-E-1111010421577201600x1060.jpg

Audi-E-1111010421586571600x1060.jpg

Audi-E-1111010421596101600x1060.jpg

Audi-E-111101042205481600x1060.jpg

Could this be the future Audi R4? :|

I want the V12 TDi, not an electric car.

Looks like roughly the same proportions as VW's coupe concept, which makes me think this is likely. Though I doubt it'll show up a an electric.

Aww. :( They got rid of my favorite part of the eTron...the heatsink in the back "window."

Audi R8 e-tron nose + AM one-77 rear end = This car.

CEO Rupert Stadler said that "we're confident that e-tron will become as famous as quattro."

No, Rupert. It just won't. Unless you manage to bring us Group B E-tron S1.

Nevermind the Electric stuff, That is one of the best modern coupe shapes I've seen in a long time.

still ugly <_<

Goofy wheels fuck up proportions.

The rear looks like a mix of Aston and Dodge Charger. I like that.

The wheels hurt my eyes.

New updated from CES:
engadget said:
audi-2011-01-06-02-08.jpg

It's looking rather more polished since it first appeared the Paris Auto Show earlier this year, having been given a lovely coat of red paint (embarassingly almost exactly the same hue as the Tesla Model S that's here) but keeping the some gorgeous, turbine-styled wheels. It's the Audi e-tron Spyder, a hybrid with a twin-turbo V6 and dual electric motors as well capable of 0 - 60 times of 4.7 seconds, and we thought you might want to see. Still no price or availability, though. Audi Chairman Rupert Stadler is currently talking about the future of driving, and we'll keep providing updates of what's interesting.
Source
Looks pretty good what do you guys think?

I'm pretty confident that this is will be the new Audi R4, based either on the BlueSport or a Porsche platform.

While the front of the Paris/CES concept still looks like it had been attacked by an axe-murderer, I think the overall the design evolved pretty nicely from the first concept car. Looking at this or this picture (and ignoring the goofy roofline, of course), I think it's quite a nice shape actually. I hope they'll push out an update to the coup? concept as well - or just get the production version finished.

Here's the rest of the pictures: 1 2 3

Last edited: