Awesome Thread

Why? You are the intelligent one. Personally, I think people of average or below average intelligence are attracted to perform these sorts of stunts.
Check it out: if you gain twenty pounds from eating cake, you can lose the weight, and quite easily, by doing excersise well within a body's limits.
They, on the other hand, are creatively destroying themselves in the name of internet notoriety. Seems stupid, does it not? What would you want, twenty pounds overweight, or irreversible physical damage to your body, that will only get worse over time? I am getting arthritis in the knees from skiing as a youth; would you like to know how FUCKING PAINFUL a flare up is? And by no means I was doing EXTREEEME! skiing.
Even better, You and I will, one way or another, be paying higher health care costs for their injuries. So, let the fools entertain us. You keep doing what you do. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

I don't have any data on Parkour-style stunts specifically, however, there is a strong correlation between intelligence and athleticism. Of course there are those who have forwarded one at the expense of the other (sitting at a desk all day, or using chemicals that fry the brain to build muscle), but they are not the norm. Being physically fit and leading an active life can be good for your brain too.

Sorry, Jayhawk, but your statement is a generalization and I have never seen a study to support your opinion. I'm not saying that no one has studdied it, but I have not seen the data. Is it risky? Sure it is, but psychologically speaking, it's a fairly mild form of risk-taking behavior when compared to having multiple sex partners (unprotected), habitual polysubstance abuse or other forms of risk-taking.

I understand that you were picked on as a kid and did not participate in sports. For the most part, neither did I. I hated team sports and since I was advanced in school I was always the smallest one in my class (not that you would know that today). However, the cruelty of kids to each other can't be generalized to the population as a whole; and your personal experience is not exactly a valid or reliable measure of the population. There are assholes in the world, all over the world. Some are athletes, some are computer programmers - assholes are assholes. There are plenty of people who lead a balanced, even athletic lifestyle who are neither cruel nor ignorant.

It sucks that you had a bad experience, but don't let that make you into the intellectual asshole who belittles those who choose a different path in their life.

One last thing: You say that you hate people of average or below average intelligence. 68.2% of the population is within one standard deviation of the mean intelligence (and IQ of 100). 84.1% of the population is in or less than the first standard deviation of the mean. Not everyone is born with the same intellectual or athletic potential, we do the best we can with what we have. For some people that means using their exceptional physical ability for entertainment, for others it means getting two doctorates and curing cancer but never leaving the house.

Last edited:
You know what? Fuck it, I will be honest and frank with all of you. I loathe athletes, the ones who makes sports the center of their universe, which stems from jocks who made fun of the kid (me) who would of rather read books than kick a ball around. Oh yeah, I am also short and scrawny, which eliminated me from many sports.

That reminds me of a story. When I was in 8th grade I was 5'2 and weighed about 105 lbs. I never really had any problems with jocks at all(I wasn't really a nerd either, though). However, I did once get into a fight with one of the school's top football players/wrestlers. He was 6'2 and weigh 250 lbs. I lost that fight but no one really wanted to pick on me after that.

The ending was a nice touch. But still a pretty nasty story.

[vimeo]3988731[/vimeo]

PHP:
[vimeo]3988731[/vimeo]

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: NO WAI! :)

Well the one that you really need is the one from Apollo 13, it was notorious for electrical gremlins similar to early 90's BMW's:D.

edit: Fun fact; My Grandfather was on the design team for the Apollo Lunar Module. Awesome man that I hope to be like someday, although he was wayyyyyy smarter than me.

Last edited:
[vimeo]3988731[/vimeo]

PHP:
[vimeo]3988731[/vimeo]

That is brilliant! Bastards kept playing tricks with me there!

@Speedtouch Australian films as a whole are often pretty depressing things... I should know, I study it at Uni :p

Last edited:
As a TG fan, I'm saying this is awesome....

33134110_o.jpg

Yours for ?12... even though Jeremy payed ?4? for his.

Golden Cock

What half a billion dollars worth of Private A380 can buy:
article-1190780-053533AA000005DC-991_964x526.jpg