Chevrolet 350 V8-powered Volvo 262 Bertone Coupe

Bubs360

Car(s)
'91 Sentra SE-R, 2003 Triumph Speed Triple 955i
Sorry for the crappy cell-phone pics. It's an already interesting and rather rare Volvo 262 coupe, an odd and ill-proportioned car, yet so incredibly awesome. This example is for sale and equipped with a 350 c.i Chevrolet motor that looks like a pretty clean swap. What a sleeper!

0412091358c.jpg

0412091359a.jpg

0412091358b.jpg

0412091358a.jpg

aside from those crap american bumpers that thing is beautiful

Definitely a brick on wheels but I have seen a 240DL with some nice new paint and headlights and that looks pretty cool.

Volvos suck.

Big time.

Trust me, I have to drive one..

There is a guy in North Vancouver who has a 240 with a 350 V8 in it. It sounds so mean, and it rips really fast.

aside from those crap american bumpers

Sorry we like to have our cars not crumble on impact...

When was EURO NCAP founded? 1997? America has been trying to make safer cars since NHTSA/NCAP was founded in 1979 (from several smaller agencies that had been around since the early 60's, when you lot were still cranking out exploding italian cars...)

Last edited:
Sorry we like to have our cars not crumble on impact...

When was EURO NCAP founded? 1997? America has been trying to make safer cars since NHTSA/NCAP was founded in 1979 (from several smaller agencies that had been around since the early 60's, when you lot were still cranking out exploding italian cars...)

while all of the above is true.... it still doesn't change the fact that most "american bumpers" from that era look like shit...

while all of the above is true.... it still doesn't change the fact that most "american bumpers" from that era look like shit...

Also the bumpers may help in ~5mph collisions, but that's all they were designed to withstand.

Sorry we like to have our bumpers not crumble on impact...
Fixed it for you.

Horrible lights and bumpers, but the rest could look nice with some TLC.

Last edited:
Uh, you guys do realize that the bumpers on the European Volvo 262s look exactly the same as the American ones, right?
Silver_volvo_262_front.jpg

Uh, you guys do realize that the bumpers on the European Volvo 262s look exactly the same as the American ones, right?
Silver_volvo_262_front.jpg

That, and so do the headlights, actually. Didn't someone say the "American" headlights are ugly?