Codemasters' F1 2011

The idea of being able to control oversteer is amazingly wonderful compared to F1 2010's random unstoppable spins. The widly spinning Hispania at 1:11 in the release trailer would have been perfect for 2010: "This could be you". :lol: The little details like wings moving in corners or even just on fast straights make this look like a complete game instead of the rushed release that 2010 feels like.

Can. Not. Wait.

Unbelieveable

Why do i have 4 days off then a long ass day on tuesday when this is released? does god hate me?!?

dude, the safety car has been confirmed for a while now

Oh wow I'm terribly sorry for my mistake.

Watching all the videos and playing F1 2010 for a bit I will henceforth refer to it as F1 2011 beta, cos that's all it was... "here's an unfinished game guys tell us what you think so we can make the next one better"

Can I say two words for this?

Holy Fuck!

Do Want!

Need this in my life!

Can I say two words for this?

Holy Fuck!

Do Want!

Need this in my life!

I know your feeling and just ordered off Steam
37 euros launch price, I can live with that... if more games were priced like this I wouldn't have to resort to pirate ships (most games cost 50 to 70 euros on launch here)

Apparently it's unlocked on Steam in the US. I think it's bullshit that I have to wait another two days just because I'm living in Australia.

Edit: Just found this, unlocking now :D

Last edited:
ok, so, this is a completely different game. I was good at 2010 but im having to relearn how to drive and shit all over again, unreal. let me put it this way, the first lap after i put it in i already knew it was 100 times batter. Wow, just wow.

im sure there are some but this is definitely NOT a beta. I won every race in Australia last season but now i am having trouble even making it around for a good lap! FYI: dont open the DRS and then hit the KERS intill you are pointing strait ahead! lol, trust me!

Aston, just buy the fucking thing already! its great, you wont touch your beloved GT5 again.

Apparently it's unlocked on Steam in the US. I think it's bullshit that I have to wait another two days just because I'm living in Australia.

Edit: Just found this, unlocking now :D

Is it safe? Reading on the forum there, lots are saying that your details pass through several things and that may be unsafe.

But I agree with you on the release front. It unlocks in 2 and a half days here in the UK. Surely the idea of Steam to me is to standardise release date's to minimise the delay between continents.

im sure there are some but this is definitely NOT a beta. I won every race in Australia last season but now i am having trouble even making it around for a good lap! FYI: dont open the DRS and then hit the KERS intill you are pointing strait ahead! lol, trust me!

Aston, just buy the fucking thing already! its great, you wont touch your beloved GT5 again.
+1

From what I've played so far, it's night and day compared to 2010. My main gripe with 2010 was with the way the tires felt, and the slides that almost seemed scripted and uncatchable. The car actually feels like a car now, you can really feel the rear end sliding around.

Is it safe? Reading on the forum there, lots are saying that your details pass through several things and that may be unsafe.

But I agree with you on the release front. It unlocks in 2 and a half days here in the UK. Surely the idea of Steam to me is to standardise release date's to minimise the delay between continents.

Your details get passed through various servers even when connecting to Steam directly. I guess it could potentially be unsafe, but it obviously doesn't concern me that much lol

Last edited:
+1

From what I've played so far, it's night and day compared to 2010. My main gripe with 2010 was with the way the tires felt, and the slides that almost seemed scripted and uncatchable. The car actually feels like a car now, and you can really feel the rear end sliding around.

Yea, it feels alive almost. i keep running off into the grass in one of the turns and i can recover. Ill say this though, cold tires equal oversteer!!!

Your details get passed through various servers even when connecting to Steam directly. I guess it could potentially be unsafe, but it obviously doesn't concern me that much lol

I might try it. If you log out of steam then back in with do you have to do it all again?

I might try it. If you log out of steam then back in with do you have to do it all again?
The VPN only seems to stay active for about 5-10 minutes. If you log out and back in after the VPN has closed then Steam will see that you're in the UK =/ It's not the best solution but I can deal with it for another day until the game is released in Australia.

I think if you put Steam into offline mode once you can play the game then it should remain unlocked until Steam is online again.

Last edited:
I tried the VPN and it sorta worked. Managed to get the game unlock and was able to play it until it crashed. I couldn't get back in after it crashed because it claimed it was locked. Now when I try the VPN thing again, Steam want's to update no no apparent reason, but when I try it without the VPN it works fine.

so, my review up till now:

Positives:
-the cars are wonderful but difficult to drive. its a very real challenge.
-this is NOT the same as last year
-i went off wide in a turn and recovered
KERS is great
DRS is great

Negs:
None

so, my review up till now:

Positives:
-the cars are wonderful but difficult to drive. its a very real challenge.
-this is NOT the same as last year
-i went off wide in a turn and recovered
KERS is great
DRS is great

Negs:
None

What he said and I to use my friends soooooooo bad! Mine is coming in the mail from gamefly... Hopefully tomorrow. :cry:

I've always said that... but I gotten used to them.
However, yesterday I was watching a recap of Kimi Raikkonen's career in F1, showing a bunch of clips of him racing from his start in Sauber to him leaving... when those early 2000s cars came on the screen I
noyphh-295x300.jpg

I hope Codies does a better job this time around. F1 2010 was a deep disappointment.

you have an F1 car in your sig

you have an F1 car in your sig

What's your point, that I'd jizz in my pants whenever I looked at my sig?

I do
2066584637.gif

I thought the game would unlock today. Uber disappointment, it's tomorrow! I'm gonna go play F1 2010 to have a fresh memory I can compare directly.

** edit: shiz, I wish I hadn't done that... got so frustrated trying to run the Japanese grand prix. Cars pulling away from me with old, old tyres, cars not even stopping, then it started raining and I was sliding all over the place, then changed to inters, while everyone else kept their primes and gained time on me...
F1 2011 please !!

Last edited:

I'm possibly in, but won't be till next week. I need to watch a few gameplay vids first.

The 2006 demo is in the top 5 demos of the week.... Make of that what you will.