Donk Rim: 1.... BMW: 0

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
This guy was driving his E36 M3 down the highway, when a huge rim came out of nowhere and smashed up his car. I'd be pissed as hell if it happened to me.

http://img175.imageshack.**/img175/174/lfab104e39310fc12334d4aii6.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.**/img175/244/l00106e0c332f1d047632d8zm6.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.**/img175/7628/img00273oi0.jpg

More pics and his story at BimmerForums

eish.. from this
DSCF6387.jpg

to this

IMG00275.jpg

Sad to see another great car like the E36 get pipped.

Wow, uh, how fas was he/the wheel going?!?!

The BMW was driving one way and the wheel was coming at him from the other side going in the opposite direction. Assume the BMW was going 70 mph and the wheel came off a car doing 70 mph.

AHAHAHA ROFLMAO LOLOLOLXDXD

What?!?!?!?1?!?!
Where - in - the - name - of - god - has - this - wheel - arrived??

That is totally random. Odds of that happening have to be astronomical.

I'm curious about what happened to the car that had the wheel fall off.

FAIL^

Seriously, someone must've fucked up and not put the knock off on tightly enough. Idiots need to use the lead hammer more effectively.

That is totally random. Odds of that happening have to be astronomical.

Actually not as random as you may think. Consider the number of cars on the road in the area, and then figure that all donks are poorly "engineered", and the fact that there are quite a few videos of donks losing wheels and axles...

I put "engineered" in quotes because the way these guys actually recommend lifting these cars to put the wheels underneath them is down right frightening.

[youtube=8znD7-l5Tmo]A classic Donk video[/youtube]

Last edited:
:blink: Amazingly bad luck that it happened, but amazingly good luck the guy wasn't killed.

Can't be that random, happened here just recently.
A wheel came off a truck, crossed the highway and smashed into a bus, killing the driver.
He managed to pull the emergency brake to bring it to stop, presumably in the split second between seeing the rim and having it kill him, nice work.
All the bolts were sheared off.

Thank goodness he is alive! Imagine if he was going just a bit slower or faster, or positioned differently in the lane by mere centimeters.

When I see stuff like this I only wonder. How come you don't have to register stuff like this and check that it is safe in the US? Don't you think that it's negligent to allow any buffoon with a NOS filled brain to mod his car unchecked?

Shame about that M3, normally I don't like bimmers, but that one looked excellent. Emphasis on looked.

Actually not as random as you may think. Consider the number of cars on the road in the area, and then figure that all donks are poorly "engineered", and the fact that there are quite a few videos of donks losing wheels and axles...

I put "engineered" in quotes because the way these guys actually recommend lifting these cars to put the wheels underneath them is down right frightening.

[youtube]A classic Donk video[/youtube]

LOL c-clip axles FTL.