Guess That Car game - By Clues Only

Yes, it is Japanese.
The flag does not signify any country.
No, not a Civic.

Sierra and Golf are both flags used in nautical signaling - but neither of them is Japanese.

Developed for the American market... is it a car-based SUV?

Not an SUV, and I didn't think the Raider was popular much anywhere :p

So, no, not an SUV, not a Mitsubishi Raider.

However, I think that Narcolepsy is somewhat on the right track.

Not the Mitsubishi Colt.

Maybe this is harder than I thought, so I'll add another clue that may ease things up...

The car went through 3 different engine sizes in it's first generation before they made the second generation.

Integra? I know, I can't think of anything to do with "flags" either, but it's worth a shot.

Okay, okay, I think that my car is killing this thread, so I'll post the answer and let whoever was suppose to go next proper take over. The car of the clue is:

Z

More specifically the Nissan Z. It was developed to give Nissan/Datsun a headway into the American sports car market. However, the car became popular world wide for it's lightweight approach, and was met with much success in motor sports.

The three engines? 240, 260 (only made for one year), 280 before the move was made to the 280ZX, 300ZX (Z31,Z32), and now the 350Z (Z33).

Sorry, I thought it would be easier...don't hurt me, please.

:clap: That was properly hard, even if too much for most of us. I suspect that any clue you could've given us afterward would have been as head-slappingly "duh" as telling us outright. Three engines before the first refresh, though, should've given it away to me (and maybe others). Next!

Alright, I promise this one will be easier.

1.) Debuting in the year of George Orwell, this car is a recognized icon of the sport compact world.

2.) The most likely meaning of the second letter in it's name is a high time in Italy's cultural history.