Clarkson: Jezza DVD prices skyrocket

Ramseus

Have you been high today?
And did you know that this: $, doesn't mean "money" but "american dollars"?

:p
It can also mean Australian dollars, Bahamian dollars, Barbadian dollars, Belize dollars, Bermudian dollars, Brunei dollars, Canadian dollars, Cayman Islands dollars, Cook Islands dollars, East Caribbean dollars, Fijian dollars, Guyanese dollars, Hong Kong dollars, Jamaican dollars, Kiribati dollars, Liberian dollars, Namibian dollars, New Zealand dollars, Samoan talas, Singapore dollars, Solomon Islands dollars, Surinamese dollars, New Taiwan dollars, Trinidad and Tobago dollars, Tuvaluan dollars, United States dollars, Zimbabwean dollars, Argentine pesos, Colombian pesos, Cuban convertible pesos, Cuban pesos, Dominican pesos, Macanese patacas, Mexican pesos, or Uruguayan peso.

Ottobon

Car(s)
2 Rust buckets and a confused 1999 American.
Am i the only person who thinks it looks like 11.29 with a smuggidy $ sign on the front?!?

Sir Roger Moore

Car(s)
Lotus Esprit
Am i the only person who thinks it looks like 11.29 with a smuggidy $ sign on the front?!?
I think someone was an idiot at the print shop and put a dollar when they were supposed to put the euro symbol. So, no you aren't the only one and 11.29 euro is 15.87 dollars, which is right-ish price for a dvd.

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
But that's definitely a 5 and not a $ sign. It seems obvious to me, even with the iPhone's lack of autofocus.

KryptonZone

hey guys, we dont use dollars in belgium. trust me, that is just a 5 not a dollar sign...

Sir Roger Moore

Car(s)
Lotus Esprit
hey guys, we dont use dollars in belgium. trust me, that is just a 5 not a dollar sign...
Surely no one is dumb enough to think Belgium uses the dollar! That's why I said the printing shop made a mistake - as the 5 looks like a $ in the fuzzy pic.

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
We have to get to the bottom of this! I sharpened it up in Photoshop, it's most definitely 511.29 and not $11.

Is it possible that's not even the price though? What were the other labels like at this store? Because the 511 is printed quite far from the EUR, so maybe that's some other number and they just forgot to print the price beside EUR?

Sir Stiggington

Car(s)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/23 :P
It can also mean Australian dollars, Bahamian dollars, Barbadian dollars, Belize dollars, Bermudian dollars, Brunei dollars, Canadian dollars, Cayman Islands dollars, Cook Islands dollars, East Caribbean dollars, Fijian dollars, Guyanese dollars, Hong Kong dollars, Jamaican dollars, Kiribati dollars, Liberian dollars, Namibian dollars, New Zealand dollars, Samoan talas, Singapore dollars, Solomon Islands dollars, Surinamese dollars, New Taiwan dollars, Trinidad and Tobago dollars, Tuvaluan dollars, United States dollars, Zimbabwean dollars, Argentine pesos, Colombian pesos, Cuban convertible pesos, Cuban pesos, Dominican pesos, Macanese patacas, Mexican pesos, or Uruguayan peso.

Just how long did that take you? :p

chaos386

.sa = bad driver!
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR
We have to get to the bottom of this! I sharpened it up in Photoshop, it's most definitely 511.29 and not $11.

Is it possible that's not even the price though? What were the other labels like at this store? Because the 511 is printed quite far from the EUR, so maybe that's some other number and they just forgot to print the price beside EUR?
OK, now use SuperZoom?!

Sovereign001

Car(s)
MGF / Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon
mmh krypton, i live in belgium aswel, and bought that dvd. It's normally 9? in free record shop or you got a dvd that's been personally burned by Jeremy on his computer :D

KryptonZone

oh lord... i just realised how crappy the iphone camera is. "cleaned up" by photoshop still looks like that? man! prob a good time to think about buying a better phone.

hey sovereign, i won't be surprised if this one was burned and signed by jezza. but i don't think his autograph is worth that much... didn't a pic signed by all three of them only go for like 5 quid on ebay? haha

Dingingaround

Car(s)
Opel Kadett + Agila
If I was you, I would pop over to us, Same dvd 7,99 EURO at Media Markt!!!!
Inflation in Belgium sucks!! Really feel for you!