Micheal Jackson in hospital [Updated: Dead]

What, you're kidding, right?

I think Madonna used a surrogate mother for instance... there's plenty of instances of it I'm sure. Maybe it's not the norm, but it's definitely commonplace I'd say.

What, you're kidding, right?

I think Madonna used a surrogate mother for instance... there's plenty of instances of it I'm sure. Maybe it's not the norm, but it's definitely commonplace I'd say.

Your sure there are many instances but you can only come up with one instance.

Its not the norm but it is common place.

Come on Mate.

Can't let this thread die on a surrogate mom note so what did you guys think about the memorial ceremony? I think the speeches were great, the song chosen also and the last bit with his daughter impressive

Can't let this thread die on a surrogate mom note so what did you guys think about the memorial ceremony? I think the speeches were great, the song chosen also and the last bit with his daughter impressive
You actually watched it?

Why not? He did change pop, had done a lot of charity work and I liked his music. I tend to not let artists' personal lives/views get in the way of my appreciation of their work.

Last edited:
Heartbreaking.

Silly people who don't understand why he's a big deal. Imagine the top 5 bands/artists/groups in your favorite music style all dying at once. That's about the level MJ achieved. Every news agency is covering this, they've even interrupted regular programming to cover this. The last time something like this happened, Reagan died and 9/11 happened.

Too bad to see him go.

One of the news channels said at one point today that all the AP Wires comming across, thet had to go like 50 entrys down the page just to get past the breaking news of the memorial. it was a great memorial.

BBC News and Sky News had complete full and live coverage along with coverage from their reporters in the area. I glanced through it to catch the headlines, saw this was on and immediately thought "isn't there something more important going on in the world? Troops in Afghanistan, Riots in Iran, China and Honduras or Swine Flu outbreaks?"
what also had me wondering was just how many people in the audience considered Jackson a sick freak only a month ago and i now revere him as some kind of mass example for all of humanity.
Yes he did great music (Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad are probably his best albums) however to me he'll still be someone who dangled a baby from a balcony or was just very wrong in the head. The man's dead, they should just put him in the ground and let the world move on. No one bothered mourning about Farrah Fawcett when she died and she died of something more tragic.

No one bothered mourning about Farrah Fawcett when she died and she died of something more tragic.

But it's all about fame, not how you die... no disrespect to the dead, but Farrah Fawcett was really not a very well-known celebrity. She was on one single season of Charlie's Angels, I personally only ever saw her in some guest cameo spots and the first thing anyone mentions is that poster of her. Her death would go even more unnoticed if she didn't release that TV movie about her cancer.

It's just not about how one dies... we know Heath Ledger died from a drug overdose but people still start to weep when he gets brought up... drug overdoses aren't really the proudest way to lose one's life.

Regarding the MJ funeral, I watched a bit of it and then got mad and turned it off. This fucking media is so, so useless... Michael Jackson was a pariah to them just until a few weeks ago, now every single channel carried his funeral and made it look like they gave a crap. They will sell their soul if it buys them more viewers and ad revenue.

^Yeah, especially Martin Bashir. I hate that motherfucker.

Watching his daughter speak was heartbreaking. And I tear up just reading about how his albums are once again ripping up the charts and people (including myself) are rediscovering his music.

I'm not alone :D

and now for some reason i cant get ?they don't care about us? of my head

i thought that was just me. The BBC and Sky News Channels keep showing that same clip from the rehearsal over and over whenever they reference anything about him and now its become one of those things that constantly loops in my head.