Micheal Jackson in hospital [Updated: Dead]

As much as i too love Dream Theater..

..It was pipped a spot by Green Day..:lol:

I'm amazed they are still around. I haven't listened to them since their Dookie album.

For the best! it all went shite from there..!

I actually really enjoyed Dookie.. :-| Get a nostalgia kick when i listen to it now.

Realistically speaking, his music wasn't that groundbreaking and apart from 2-3 really terrific albums...he wasn't so special.

When people like Jimmi Page, Ritchie Blackmore, Robert Plant, Tony Iommi die (eventually they will, it's inevitable) there will be some mourning but not to the extent of the current euphoria of Jackson's death. These people literally created rock music, and their impact on music is much greater compared to Michael Jackson's impact...
and yet, Michael Jackson's death has created this hype because...it's a flashback to the 80's, when everything had to be huge.

What about all those awesome videos? Those crazy dance moves? Michael Jackson was more than just a few number one hits that these days anyone with a microphone, some equipment and a decent producer can achieve.

Nothing will ever come close to real rock music for me... so I'd probably be even more broken up if people like Jimmy Page or Robert Plant passed on. But to the world of pop Michael Jackson was the Led Zeppelin, the Pink Floyd or whoever else you want.

Sorry, but I really think you're way off track here. People are not reacting to Michael Jackson's death because it's a hype and because it reminds them of the cocaine and big hair that was so prevalent in the 80s. Nah, it's much simpler than that, he was just a great singer.

Your post just annoyed me so much man. You make reference to the biggest names in rock and then you say that's what real groundbreaking music is like... you never thought MJ could have done for pop music what bands like Led Zeppelin did for rock music?

Pop music is undeniably more popular than rock (heck, pop even means popular) so the death of a pop star is obviously going to draw bigger crowds than the death of a rock star.

Last edited:
:lmao: Yeah...Unless you lived during that time, you have NO IDEA how big he was. Few on here can claim to remember.

Yes, I admit I was not born at the time and I'm only speaking from what I've read about the time.
But I maintain that his music wasn't so groundbreaking. He basically took advantage of the "success" formula that was working at the time. In the 80's that was the Pop-Rock, most of his backing tracks from the 80's can be considered rock music. Then came the 90's and the 2000's and his music lost pretty much all of his rock elements and became Pop-Rap.
Very cunning he was indeed.

I respect the man for his achievements, but the current hysteria is slightly over-exaggerated.

(I knew I was going to get annonymous neg reps for my posts here :lol:)

What about all those awesome videos? Those crazy dance moves? Michael Jackson was more than just a few number one hits that these days anyone with a microphone, some equipment and a decent producer can achieve.

Nothing will ever come close to real rock music for me... so I'd probably be even more broken up if people like Jimmy Page or Robert Plant passed on. But to the world of pop Michael Jackson was the Led Zeppelin, the Pink Floyd or whoever else you want.

Sorry, but I really think you're way off track here. People are not reacting to Michael Jackson's death because it's a hype and because it reminds them of the cocaine and big hair that was so prevalent in the 80s. Nah, it's much simpler than that, he was just a great singer.

Your post just annoyed me so much man. You make reference to the biggest names in rock and then you say that's what real groundbreaking music is like... you never thought MJ could have done for pop music what bands like Led Zeppelin did for rock music?

Pop music is undeniably more popular than rock (heck, pop even means popular) so the death of a pop star is obviously going to draw bigger crowds than the death of a rock star.

Okay, maybe I expressed my opinion a bit too open. I think that some of the rock bands and musicians mentioned earlier, are much more important based on the compositions they created. Some of them, still make me say "Wow, that's brilliant."
With Michael Jackson's music, it was never like that for me...it was nice to listen to, but it never send shivers down my spine.

I have huge respect for his music and its effect, I admire him and feel bad for his true fans. But I'm annoyed by the fact after his death, literally everyone started buying his albums. If they were such fans, they should have bought them while he was still alive. I refuse to jump on the bandwagon.

Last edited:
Yes, I admit I was not born at the time and I'm only speaking from what I've read about the time.
But I maintain that his music wasn't so groundbreaking. He basically took advantage of the "success" formula that was working at the time. In the 80's that was the Pop-Rock, most of his backing tracks from the 80's can be considered rock music. Then came the 90's and the 2000's and his music lost pretty much all of his rock elements and became Pop-Rap.
Very cunning he was indeed.

I respect the man for his achievements, but the current hysteria is slightly over-exaggerated.

(I knew I was going to get annonymous neg reps for my posts here :lol:)

no neg rep from me, all im going to say is, wow. no, offence, but, you have NO idea. this man is Elvis big, he changed the face of not only music, but also showmanship. there is NO bigger name in the world. someone said last night that if you were to walk into any bar or pub in the world and put on a song like "Bad" or "Thriller", everyone would know it and most would sing.

Can you just answer me this, do you enjoy any pop music? If so, who are your top pop singers or bands?

I mean, I hate to argue for no reason, but what do you consider groundbreaking pop music if not Michael Jackson then? Remember, pop music because that's what he did.

1. Currently I don't like any new pop music. I'm sort of stuck in the 80's :)

2. I will admit - the effect of his music was indeed groundbreaking and changed the world of music. But it was not because of the music itself.

In my opinion, most music since the 60's has been to some extent a copy/paste job, so I can't consider anything as "groundbreaking". But this is going very off topic now.

To sum up - yes, it's a big loss to the music world, and I've always liked some of his earlier stuff. I just don't approve of the curent craze of people to go out and buy all of his stuff, especially when some of these people have never been fans of his music.
I'm sorry if I had upset somebody, with my opinions.

1. Currently I don't like any new pop music. I'm sort of stuck in the 80's :)

Heh, I ended up deleting that post because I started to figure as much... I just don't think you are a pop music fan.

And that's more than fine, but don't expect to understand why a pop star is famous and revered if you don't really enjoy that type of music to begin with.

For me, personally, I don't listen to pop music to send shivers down my spine. There's other, deeper and I dare say better music in other genres for that. Michael Jackson is good for when you're going out on the town, or when you just want to get your ass in gear... like others said earlier, put on a song like Billie Jean, Beat It or Smooth Criminal and just try and keep your body from rocking itself.

And for the record, I was born smack in the middle of the 80s. The only Michael Jackson I personally remember is the feminine white guy and his music at that time was pretty crappy. But even in the early 90s one could still feel the popularity, fame and respect this guy wielded in the decade prior.

:)

The only MJ song I like is Smooth Criminal... performed by Alien Ant Farm. :D

^^ Horatio Caine= win.

I've had Weird Al's parodies of "Beat It" and "Bad" stuck in my head all day. Not that I needed a ticket on the Hellbus anyway; I think I have the EZ Pass for it.

How often is their an artist that both young and old people like/enjoy their music?

I've been in Toronto the last few days, lots of stuff going on at Yonge-Dundas....just a few snaps from today.

yonge_dundas3.jpg

These people had a tribute
yonge_dundas2.jpg

This band was performing some Jackson 5 stuff
yonge_dundas1.jpg

There were also some breakdancers doing some stuff to Michael's music as well.

I got my fake ID above the footlocker store to the right of the photo above.

You know, everyone who a week ago didn't have MJ on their minds and who are now fellating memories of him, you're just like high school kids when another high school kid dies - they bullied and hated the kid the day before but are now crying and saying that he/she was their best friend. Piss off.

edit: also, Billy Mays died today. WHO WILL TELL ME WHAT AWESOME NEW PRODUCTS TO BUY!

Last edited:
You know, everyone who a week ago didn't have MJ on their minds and who are now fellating memories of him, you're just like high school kids when another high school kid dies - they bullied and hated the kid the day before but are now crying and saying that he/she was their best friend. Piss off.

It's not like he's constantly on everybody's radar 24 hours a day, seven days a week until he dies.

And the people who genuinely didn't like him because they thought he was a pedophile won't be the ones losing sleep over it. It's different from the people who made fun of him but still knew him as an icon.

edit: also, Billy Mays died today. WHO WILL TELL ME WHAT AWESOME NEW PRODUCTS TO BUY!

You should consider pissing off yourself.

Seriously, what a shitty point is that to make? :b People liked his music, doesn't mean they'd listen to it every single day, or think about him every day. Now they listen to it to remember him, to pay a personal tribute to him. How can that possibly be wrong?

Michael Jackson's not their dad: Debbie Rowe
NEWS.com.au
June 29, 2009 09:22am

THE mother of two of Michael Jackson's children has claimed Jackson is not actually their father.

Debbie Rowe made headlines 13 years ago when Jackson announced she would be the mother of his first child, Prince, now 12.

Rowe was a receptionist at the dermatology clinic where Jackson received his skin treatments and a year later, bore him a second child, Paris.

Now she has told the News of the World that she was artifically inseminated with sperm for both births from an anonymous donor.

?It's just like I impregnate my mares for breeding. It was very technical,? she said.

"Just like I stick the sperm up my horse, this is what they did to me. I was his thoroughbred."

The couple married at the Sheraton Hotel in Sydney in November 1996 while Rowe was pregnant with Prince, but she said the two of them never once had sex during their time together.

Paris was conceived in the same manner, but complications with the birth left Rowe unable to bear any more children.

She said it was at that stage the Jackson ended their relationship and paid her $9 million over nine years in exchange for custody of the children.

"I got paid for it, and I've moved on. I know I will never see my children again."

Rowe admitted she was never a good mother and said she never wanted to see her children again.

Speculation is now mounting over who would take care of Jackson?s children, with the most likely candidates to be his 80-year-old mother Katherine and children's nanny, 42-year-old Grace Rwaramba.

The mother of Jackson?s third child, Prince II, has always remained a mystery.

"Just like I stick the sperm up my horse, this is what they did to me. I was his thoroughbred."

I stick the sperm up my horse. That's some, uh, deep thinking there. Almost sounds Engrish...

:lol:

Obviously MJ didn't use his own stuff to make those kids... people haven't forgotten he used to be black once. Just because he's white now (or was...) doesn't mean his sperm is going to make Caucasian children. His kids look quite fair, so even with a white mother they still wouldn't look like that. Plus, this is Hollywoood... artificial insemination and surrogate mothers are the norm.

The only thing that article proves is that Debbie Rowe is a stupid woman... she basically admits that she threw away her children for cash. And she ain't no thoroughbred, when I first saw her in some interview during MJ's last court case I was so surprised at how drab, plain and old she looks....

debbie-rowe-b.jpg