Micheal Jackson in hospital [Updated: Dead]

We were in a bar last night with a few friends when we heard the news. The whole place was in disbelief as the news were on TV screens. It was incredible.

He might have been a whackjob especially in his last few years but when one looks at the news footage of people mourning all over the world you start to think how big the guy was; Propably one of the most recognized names in the world ever. Regardless of his last years and what he might or might not have done outside is musical career the man had become a legend a long time before that, and deservedly so.

I'm heading to a heavy metal festival later today and despite the crowd being about as far from Jacko fans as they get I'm expecting to see a lot of drinks gonig down in the memory of The King of Pop. Whether one liked him or not, he was an icon for my generation.

I think the relation everyone here has to MJ strongly depends on the individual age. I have lived through a good chunk of Michael Jacksons active solo career and thus can say that the king of pop is dead, which is a great loss. I am aware that he's been a huge weirdo for a long time, and that a lot of his actions were questionable. Nevertheless, the best part of his music has not been seconded in any way, shape or form by anyone on this planet. And I have serious doubts that anyone will ever be as large in pop business than this man was. I'm sure people will surpass his sales, but that's all they can do.

Rest in peace, Michael! :)

I sometimes wonder if there will be any "great" star in modern times again.
I can not think of any artists that came up "recently" who people might remember in 20 years time... or even 10. I don't know what the reason is.
Although i don't like Jackson...

Elvis Presley, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Michael Jackson will there be ever something like that again??? I seriously doubt it.

I sometimes wonder if there will be any "great" star in modern times again.
I can not think of any artists that came up "recently" who people might remember in 20 years time... or even 10. I don't know what the reason is.
Although i don't like Jackson...

Elvis Presley, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Michael Jackson will there be ever something like that again??? I seriously doubt it.

The reason is the amount of rubbish music that is out there now, covering up the artists that might actually churn out good stuff on a regular basis in order to be considered as a true star. And it's hugely sad to think of this. Our children will grow up without having true role models in the world of entertainment.

Anyway, it's heartbreaking to think of it. All those stars we dreamed of are going to fall to their grave at one point and there's nothing we can do about it. :(

Last edited:
the only one i can think of who may be even close is Madonna. i know she is no Jackson, but, still pretty big...ish

The current rumor/report is cause of death was due to prescription drug OD, specifically demerol or it could be something other prescription pain med. Either that would make sense since an OD could lead to cessation of breathing, hypoxia and then cardiac arrest, which would basically happen to any of us no matter how healthy we are because once the heart is deprived of oxygen for a prolonged period of time, it becomes irreparably damaged. My understanding speaking with staff at UCLA this morning was he was essentially gone when EMS came on scene, they were performing aggressive CPR en route in the ambulance and continued to do so in the emergency dept but essentially he was already beyond saving. If he wasnt such a high profile person he probably would have been declared DOA much sooner.

The current rumor/report is cause of death was due to prescription drug OD, specifically demerol or it could be something other prescription pain med. Either that would make sense since an OD could lead to cessation of breathing, hypoxia and then cardiac arrest, which would basically happen to any of us no matter how healthy we are because once the heart is deprived of oxygen for a prolonged period of time, it becomes irreparably damaged. My understanding speaking with staff at UCLA this morning was he was essentially gone when EMS came on scene, they were performing aggressive CPR en route in the ambulance and continued to do so in the emergency dept but essentially he was already beyond saving. If he wasnt such a high profile person he probably would have been declared DOA much sooner.

thank you Dr. Edkwon, j/k:D

yes, they had said on the news that they tried for like an hour to revive him and that he had slipped into a coma before being declared dead. either way, i know this wasnt really suspected but its still good to know that there wasnt any fowl play involved.

I'm not going to say I'm joining the 'I won't loose sleep...' bandwagon, because I just don't care.

The 'musical legend' died a bloody long time ago, and all that has died now is a hideous and mutilated shadow with nothing to show for. As for the music, IMO it is 'meh'. I might listen to it if it is on the radio, but if I need to be doing something else I'll go do that. And I won't ever buy any CDs etc.

They say you should die young, rich and famous. He died old, very poor and famous for all the wrong reasons.

My honest feelings are that I feel more sorry for the financial director of AEG Live who now has a lot of insurance forms to sort out.

Last edited:
Reactions: TC
This is just a flashback from the 80's. Everything was about glamour, hairspray, leather jackets, big sunglasses and blow. Jackson's death brings back the nostalgic memories of that time period.
Realistically speaking, his music wasn't that groundbreaking and apart from 2-3 really terrific albums...he wasn't so special.

When people like Jimmi Page, Ritchie Blackmore, Robert Plant, Tony Iommi die (eventually they will, it's inevitable) there will be some mourning but not to the extent of the current euphoria of Jackson's death. These people literally created rock music, and their impact on music is much greater compared to Michael Jackson's impact...
and yet, Michael Jackson's death has created this hype because...it's a flashback to the 80's, when everything had to be huge.

Yes this mans decline was massively publicised, people can mock and make jokes about him.. I mean, this morning i was already getting jokes and i laughed at them. But let's face it. This guy was one of the greatest and most inspirational artists to walk this earth.

Elvis, The Beatles, Michael Jackson..

The man was a musical genius and we were blessed to have his music.

The reason is the amount of rubbish music that is out there now, covering up the artists that might actually churn out good stuff on a regular basis in order to be considered as a true star. And it's hugely sad to think of this. Our children will grow up without having true role models in the world of entertainment.

Anyway, it's heartbreaking to think of it. All those stars we dreamed of are going to fall to their grave at one point and there's nothing we can do about it. :(

I don't think that's the reason. I think the internet is to blame.

Today people have access to everything, all kinds of music, all kinds of entertainment. The music scene today is just way larger then it was back then, because more musicians are able to break through. Back then you basically had to either hear a musician on the radio, or buy a record. Today you just download or listen to it on youtube.

This makes it possible for more people to become famous. But there's only so much time and focus people can spend on music and artists, so obviously all that fame Michael had in the 80's, all the attention he got, now has to be divided between a large number of artists. We wont ever get a Michael Jackson again because of this. Or at least that's what I believe.

But it is very sad to see Michael go. I hope people will remember him for the good things, all the great music he has made. He was broken as a person, but a truly talented individual.

I was never a huge fan of him, but I think he was absolutely unique. There was only one Michael Jackson! Rest in peace Michael, and thanks for your music...

*looks for double cd greatest hits in her mp3-player*

Realistically speaking, his music wasn't that groundbreaking and apart from 2-3 really terrific albums...he wasn't so special.

:lmao: Yeah...Unless you lived during that time, you have NO IDEA how big he was. Few on here can claim to remember.

Last edited:
I'm really tempted to order the 25th anniversary edition of Thriller on vinyl just to have it on fresh vinyl and even better sound excellence. Hmm...

admin at Amazon.com said today that they have never seen anything like this before and they are barely keeping up with orders. micheal jackson orders today and yesterday have him with like the all the top 15 albums and video's ever in thier history, so, good luck!

sorry for the repost, didnt see that other post above...sorry