Mixed Drinks!

Karoug, if you and Ilpav like White Russians (And they are good), might I suggest a Mudslide?

Its basically the same ingredients as a White Russian, with the addition of Bailey's (Or some other quality brand) cream liqueur.

Tasty!

Sounds good! :)

I mentioned the shitfloater in an another thread:
Equal parts vodka and Bailey's and a bit of chocolate-pudding on top!

I had the pleasure of a Mr. McMillian poured Mint Julep, and accompanying poetry, at the Renaissance Pere Marquette in New Orleans.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJV-O1e10z8[/YOUTUBE]

The man is a master.

Awesome!

I also forgot to mention my hot-weather favourite, a good old shandy...for those not in the know, it's half beer, half lemonade (ie sprite or 7-up). Favourite tipple of pensioners around the country :lol:

Whiskey sour. The way I make it involves fresh-squeezing lemons, and using eggwhites instead of that mix bullshit.

They're just there to give it some foam. They're pretty tasteless otherwise.

Dark rum, any good mixing ideas other than coke?

Dark rum, any good mixing ideas other than coke?

Blackcurrant cordial.

It's call a Rum ?n? Black, I worked in a bar during my student days and sold loads, mainly for middle aged ladies with a sweet tooth. :)

A winter warmer, seasonal type mixed drink is a brandy & port.

I'm not a middle aged lady! :p

Dark 'N' Stormy seems like a potential way to empty the bottle I've had laying around. We don't have real ginger beer, so Schweppes American ginger ale must do.

At the bar last night I need two shot of anything for under $10, bartender says only thing he can do for us is Polar Bear's. No idea what I was having at the time but it turned out being delicious, like mint cookies. Of course I looked it up this morning and realized it's the most bitch shot in existence, creme de cacao and pepermint schnapps... haha oh well!

I usually don't do mixed drinks as I prefer cider and beer, or shots of straight spirits. However, when I do have mixed drinks, the ones I like are:

Grey Goose + Ocean Spray
Finlandia + Orange juice (classic screwdriver)
Bombay Sapphire + Cointreau + Lemon juice (Chelsea sidecar)
Bombay Sapphire + Coca-Cola
Bombay Sapphire + 7-Up

And the best of them all:
200ml Everclear
750ml Bombay Sapphire
750ml Wild Turkey (chilled)
375ml Herradura tequila
1000ml rum
Worm from a bottle of Mezcal
Gatorade

And the best of them all:
200ml Everclear
750ml Bombay Sapphire
750ml Wild Turkey (chilled)
375ml Herradura tequila
1000ml rum
Worm from a bottle of Mezcal
Gatorade

That sounds like getting your brain smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped around large gold brick.

Long island iced teas with lots of coke in them are great (too bad the braces mean they are off the menu) and fruit tingles are good when you want something lightweight (again, disallowed). So I'm basically down to cosmopolitans (which I'm a bit meh on), martinis (same here, haven't had a well made one yet though) and screwdrivers.

Ironically though, screwdrivers (due to the OJ) are more acidic than fruit tingles/long islands, but I can have orange juice/screwdrivers but not anything carbonated with braces. Annoying :(

^ wait, what do braces have to do with anything? I had braces and could drink carbonated drinks.

^ nope, my orthodonist has a strict "no carbonated anything" rule. Most other people I know with braces only have a "no coke" rule. Unfair, but I'm sticking to it for the sake of my parents (who are payng for all of this)

So yeah, any decent non-carbonated mixed drinks ideas? Nothing too acidic either (i.e. orange/pineapple juice should be avoided too, but that's my personal rule)

^ nope, my orthodonist has a strict "no carbonated anything" rule. Most other people I know with braces only have a "no coke" rule. Unfair, but I'm sticking to it for the sake of my parents (who are payng for all of this)

So yeah, any decent non-carbonated mixed drinks ideas? Nothing too acidic either (i.e. orange/pineapple juice should be avoided too, but that's my personal rule)

Vodka+Cranberry
or
If you would like to forget you have braces....and a name
1 ounce 151
1 ounce Rumple Minze
1 ounce J?germeister
1 ounce Goldschlager