James May: New Lego & Meccano Engineering Series

Absolutely brilliant. I hope James gets to this this somehwere. :D

Well, he keeps saying he lurks here so what better way to spread the word ehe? And the artwork is up under a creative commons license too, so it can actually be used as long as you don't sell anything.

i think that while thats in part true, its also because James is also reminding some of us of our childhood and seeing it on tv and oversized is re-kindling that childhood hobby. I'm still walking into my local model shops looking for a Spitfire to build.

They are still around, I went to a local retail outlet village Sat before last that has a market stall day once a month. Was walking past a toy stall and they had both a 1:72 and a 1:48 model! I bought the 1:48, as I figured the bigger would be easier to start, since as a girl I was never given Airfix to do -I'm an Airfix virgin!:) Meccano & Scalextric were pretty expensive in NZ growing up, so only ever had one go at slot cars. I suspect I will suck at it on the 28th!
I wish the Beeb would hurry up and tell us when the other 2 are on, especially Lego of course! Pretty sure I won't appear in it, judging by the types they've shown so far in the shows, but I suspect HeidiL will be visible! :lol:

OzGirl - yeah, that happy dance when the new bricks arrived knowing my luck. I should know better than to have a liquid lunch when there's cameras around!

just seen this and now not bothering to read 59 pages; where can i download/watch this series? >.<

Look here!

:p

Besides that, the fastest place will probably be thebox.bz, you have to sign up, and normally you need an invite.. But they're open for new members right now I think..

Last edited:
There are several places you can download (some private tracker torrent sites and some FTP sites), but probably the quickest and easiest is this youtube channel. Depends on how much quality you're after.

Scalextric has monthly competitions on its website. This month, it's your chance to snag both cars that took part in the world record attempt, along with a bunch of other goodies...

Hmmm - tough tiebreaker question. What IS James's nickname...?

Hmmm - tough tiebreaker question. What IS James's nickname...?

I actually have a weird type question..

What color are his eyes?

In one scene I swear they were blue-ish...and then in others...I could swear they're brownish.

Well, Google says they're blue ("james may eye color") for however much you trust that. I spent a minute in google images and didn't see anything close enough to tell. I have no idea what color any of their eyes are.

Well, Google says they're blue ("james may eye color") for however much you trust that. I spent a minute in google images and didn't see anything close enough to tell. I have no idea what color any of their eyes are.
They are blue, having been close up to him in the flesh (so to speak, and sorry to mention it again). Richard's are brown and Jeremy's are, well depends how many Marlboro Lites he's he today...;)

111o211.png

Blue eyes and that is a pretty good scar he has across his nose. Never noticed that before.

James is blue, Richards amber brown and Jez pale blue . subject to how drunk they were the night before, in which case substitute red for all
roni

Just saw the Scalextric ep. Unlike most of you, it seems, I was just "eh" about it. It was fun, and certainly better than anything else that was on TV, but nothing I'd get all jittery over. I liked the Plasticine ep better.

Can't wait to see Oz on the next ep! I love Oz and James together. They need to do cooperative projects more often.

I'm going with fellow choirboy. IMO, it makes for a more interesting scenario. ;)