Pizza!

I tried a new pizza place called Spinato's today. It was pretty damn good. I had the marinated baby spinach, roma tomato, and garlic pizza. Definitely going back there again.

I tried a new pizza place called Spinato's today. It was pretty damn good. I had the marinated baby spinach, roma tomato, and garlic pizza. Definitely going back there again.

I'm stunned, a restaurant website not entirely coded in Flash! :O

1.png

2.jpg

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/restaurant_website

Last edited:
Is there a secret for using fresh mushrooms on a pizza, and not having a puddle of water on the top of the pizza?

I use fresh mushrooms and don't get puddles of water, my trick is to pack them high up at the top so that they get roasted and all the water goes up as steam before sinking into the other layers of filling. Also, chopping them paper-thin helps too.

I use fresh mushrooms and don't get puddles of water, my trick is to pack them high up at the top so that they get roasted and all the water goes up as steam before sinking into the other layers of filling. Also, chopping them paper-thin helps too.

Oh, they were at the top, but probably too thick.

I assumed the best way would be to saute them prior to putting them on the pizza, but I don't see restaurants doing that...you see them put the 'shrooms right on the pizza.

My last try with, ham on half (not thick or salty enough...)

tn.jpg

It wasn't that burned. It looks worse than it was. The crispy bits were quite tasty. :)

And still...I wouldn't do that because I like my toppings on top of the cheese. Otherwise they just steam themselves.

I'm with ya. Same with bacon. I like a good chewy thick bacon as much as anyone, but for a BLT, it's gotta be thin-n-cripsy.

Crispy things are good but I prefer the cheese to be golden and crispy rather than the ham. Personal preference I guess.

Had a bacon/sausage/garlic pizza from Papa Murphy's yesterday...........spectacular.

Drove quite some distance to try a new pizzeria....

Hcgvl.jpg

I am disappoint.

Way too much cheese, crust was bland and the sauce was sweet...I shan't return.

At least it doesn't fall into the shitty "put all the toppings on it!" fashion I can't escape from in pizzerias lately.

At least it doesn't fall into the shitty "put all the toppings on it!" fashion I can't escape from in pizzerias lately.

lol, those are the best!

i always aks for one with "a bit of everything"

sqpizz.jpg

Every single time the dough is cooked but not fully cooked in the center! wtf? Pre-bake it? Even on a pizza stone it isn't 100% cooked. So either pre-bake it or put it on a lot of wire things for the oven so it doesn't go through.

Now thinking about it, the latter option is retarded. :|

Every single time the dough is cooked but not fully cooked in the center! wtf? Pre-bake it? Even on a pizza stone it isn't 100% cooked. So either pre-bake it or put it on a lot of wire things for the oven so it doesn't go through.

Now thinking about it, the latter option is retarded. :|
Are you preheating the stone? What temp are you baking at?

The times I used the stone it was not preheated as I have no way of getting the finished pizza on to the stone without the toppings falling off. Perhaps I should invest in a pizza slider (name escapes me) to slide it on to the stone when preheated? The pizza is cooked at 400 degrees for 15minutes or until golden.

The times I used the stone it was not preheated as I have no way of getting the finished pizza on to the stone without the toppings falling off. Perhaps I should invest in a pizza slider (name escapes me) to slide it on to the stone when preheated? The pizza is cooked at 400 degrees for 15minutes or until golden.
Preheating the stone should solve the underdone issue, and I believe target sells a wooden peel for about 10 bucks. When I bake in the oven(usually go with the grill) I put the pizza stone on the middle rack and crank the heat as high as it goes...the dial on my shitty electric says 550?, but my oven thermometer indicates about 525?. I wait about 15 minutes after the preheat buzzer goes before placing the pizza on it, as I figure the stone takes longer to get to temp. I put the pizza in and leave the heat on for a minute of two, then turn the oven off...I like a thin(ish) crust so it only takes about 8-9 minutes to bake.

My favourite pizza spot in Riga, Pizza Lulu, organized a buffet today (and it will be Sunday too). That means you just pay 2.89Ls (about four euros) and you can eat as much pizza as you want... for two hours! Well, we started with this. I was really stuffed in the end.
905b7b4ba7b3b09f97cea033af691e2cb1f4e241_wmeg_00001.jpg