Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

So while this isn't so much a personal achievement, I am part of it and I am very excited for it. I can't get into too many details right now...but our firm (our office is 35 people or so) has been selected to collaborate with the Renzo Piano for a project in the very near future. I've seen some preliminary design studies, and the project looks pretty awesome.

:-o:shock::dance:

On a more personal level, I've been given near free-reign over the design of a tenant improvement project in a tower in London. I feel very fortunate...some of my colleagues from undergrad are working for companies that design metal-frame warehouse buildings for the likes of Walmart distribution...

I managed something that I never thought I'd manage... Spend 10 years working for the same employer.

So my HR guy came in our weekly meeting to surprise me with a cheque for cool stuff, as is customary here.
20160128_104921.jpg

(yes, that is an Angry Birds themed meeting room)

Awesome. What cool stuff are you going to get?

Congratz Adu.

In June it will be my 15 year anniversary here at work. We use to have a gift program for work anniversaries, but it was cut a few years ago as part of a round of austerity measures (wonder what the exec bonus were that year).

But apparently, my department thinks we should still get something, so they started giving out gift cards :)

I managed something that I never thought I'd manage... Spend 10 years working for the same employer.

So my HR guy came in our weekly meeting to surprise me with a cheque for cool stuff, as is customary here.

(yes, that is an Angry Birds themed meeting room)

YOU WIN THE PRIZE!

Seriously, congrats!

It isn't quite an achievement yet, but I'm 85 days, 22 hours and 4 minutes away from having my BSE in Computer Engineering. It's been a long haul, and I didn't always think I'd make it.

Now I just need to convince the company I've been interning with for the last two years to keep me on full time once I graduate...

Just heard back from my boss that my company (TD). I've been with since July, and had also worked previously two years ago are going to hire me full-time. I've been working there as a contractor since I started as well as two years ago. I didn't even apply for this job; my manager emailed me sometime and asked if I was working, then hired me when I said I wasn't. I'm pretty excited about it, I do like working there. I start on the 29th of February.

Once upon a time, I used to occasionally write for Road&Track. From today on, I occasionally write for Autoblog.com.

A new job, or more accurately my first reat job. I started on monday, as a research associate at a federal institute. We'll see how that goes.
So you are in Berlin now? We should have a beer someday...

In unrelated news, my employer just won it's first ADC Award, the most important creative award of the German-language ad industry for a project I managed and more specifically for a sub-project I designed.

Reactions: MWF