Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

I was surprised he took the train also knowing there was going to be his phobia involved. (manual labor)

While known as a petrol head, Clarkson is also a big fan of British engineering, and the Tornado project was an award-winning example of this (albeit incorporating a German-designed and -built firetube boiler).
So the British can't even recreate their museum pieces without our help. :mrgreen:

I think Jeremy picked the Train because he wanted to point out the house of the girl he lost his virginity to.

James. Does not. Have OCD. If anything, he's just a bit anal about certain things...like virtually anyone else.

^ Yes, OCD is a personality disorder. Whilst many people have obsessive and compulsive personality traits, it only constitutes OCD when it markedly deviates from the behavioral expectations of your culture and adversely/negatively interferes with your life. James is no more likely to have OCD than Jeremy is likely to have a narcissistic personality disorder and Richard a histrionic personality disorder.

S07E05.
I have a suspicion, that James had a co-pilot.

The cameras are tight, like the airship.

EDIT: I Horatio Caine'd their arse, you can see the co-pilot in Dickys sunglasses. :( Possibly.

Last edited:
S07E04.
I have a suspicion, that James had a co-pilot.

The cameras are tight, like the airship.

EDIT: I Horatio Caine'd their arse, you can see the co-pilot in Dickys sunglasses. :( Possibly.

It's entirely possible, he wasn't qualified at the time so a co-pilot would have been a reasonable precaution. (I assume you mean the truffle race - I don't have any episodes filed and numbered so 07/04 doesn't mean much)

S07E04 was the Italian mid-engined supercars for less than a second-hand Mondeo challenge, I fail to see any piloting going on there :tease:

S07E05 maybe? :nod:

Now you made me watch that race again :shakefist: thanks :lol:

His sunglasses suggest that all four seats are filled - left front James, left rear Richard, right rear camera man. The right front may indeed be a pilot, would make sense to free James up for potential cocking about with several takes.

Now you made me watch that race again :shakefist: thanks :lol:

His sunglasses suggest that all four seats are filled - left front James, left rear Richard, right rear camera man. The right front may indeed be a pilot, would make sense to free James up for potential cocking about with several takes.

Yep.
If I notice pointless things, I have to share them. :D Some people ban me from the room if they're watching films. "Why is there a gun ricochet noise... it hit sand!!!"

Yep.
If I notice pointless things, I have to share them. :D Some people ban me from the room if they're watching films. "Why is there a gun ricochet noise... it hit sand!!!"
Aircraft and cars... she showed me some marginally interesting movie recently - OK, half of it until I fell asleep - and the thing I cared about was the original Alfa Romeo Spider in it.

In S08E07 the Caterham build, when James goes "Right just leave it a minute, now" and the car starts and they all cheer... you can hear the car die like it had been doing previously. :lol:
You can see Jeremys face turn, but it's all ignored and they treat it like the car was perfect.

Right, I'm not in the spoilers group but this could potentially be a spoiler so I'll just use tags, don't lynch me. :D

I've been told by a number of reliable sources that Clarkson and Hammond were in the centre my town this afternoon filming, apparently they also had some 'old' cars. I assume this is part of a challenge, because I've heard that they've also been at Bruntingthorpe Aerodrome (quite near) too. Can't wait to see if this little town has made it into TG. :D