Random Thoughts....

The drive and directory with the data may still be there - they may have just repointed the system to a new .exe file in a new directory - eg C:/Programs. ... Lotus/Notes 6.5/. .. to C:/Programs. ... Lotus/Notes 8.01/.. .

It may, therefore be possible to recover the data and point Notes to it - can you get some desk side support?

Also they may not have implemented locally and you may be able to get the data off a networked drive backup - I would doubt it though.

Oooh, thanks. I'll get my resident computer god to have a look at it tomorrow.

eta: sheesh. I just went to go to my boyfriend's house and hit a snag - apparently my aunty has my car until Wednesday night. I'm actually bloody furious because I'd quite like to...oh i don't know...leave the house some time.

Last edited:
The drive and directory with the data may still be there - they may have just repointed the system to a new .exe file in a new directory - eg C:/Programs. ... Lotus/Notes 6.5/. .. to C:/Programs. ... Lotus/Notes 8.01/.. .

It may, therefore be possible to recover the data and point Notes to it - can you get some desk side support?

Also they may not have implemented locally and you may be able to get the data off a networked drive backup - I would doubt it though.

Urgh notes 8, I especially like the 5 minutes it takes to start and the way that it basically gives you notes 6 in the middle of client if someone is using the old version.

^ Strange isn't it? We all struggle to wake up early when it's a Monday morning, but yet we can do it on the holidays without even trying.

yes, why is that? Doesn't matter whether you're tired or not, but on holidays you always wake up freakishly early and cannot get back to sleep.

Yet the first day of a new week, it's physically impossible for me to wake up without atleast hitting the snooze button 4 times = 36 minutes...

yes, why is that? Doesn't matter whether you're tired or not, but on holidays you always wake up freakishly early and cannot get back to sleep.

Yet the first day of a new week, it's physically impossible for me to wake up without atleast hitting the snooze button 4 times = 36 minutes...

Not for me. Usually that's the case, but lately I've been having slight anxiety problems and wake up early early with my heart pounding, unable to get back to sleep. Stupid.

I used to have no problem sleeping till lunchtime but once I'm in the cycle of waking up (and shaking my phone to make the alarm snooze - galarm is a fantastic program winmo users) I wake up at 6:00->7:00 am regardless :( Except for once, when I didn't wake up till 11... on a friday... lets just say I was a little late to work that day D:

^whoa they must not like you very much at work... if I'm over 15 minutes late I have my boss on the phone saying "where are you"...

Hell, I get them at 7am (and don't really have to be there until 8.30). Boss rings and asks why I'm not there yet.
"Coz I'm sure you'd appreciate me having a shower first...."
"Coz I'm in bed dreaming of my new job"
"I've had a better offer!"
"Coz I didn't leave there until after midnight and I'm legally required to be away from the workplace for 8 hours" (ha! like that works)

^whoa they must not like you very much at work... if I'm over 15 minutes late I have my boss on the phone saying "where are you"...

No it's called status-quo, nobody complains because they want to be able to do it themselves when the need arises, the prevailing attitude of working in government is if you get your work done who cares how long or short you speant on it.

can I come work for you guys? Pretty please? Over here it doesn't matter if you do your job right (ie sell enough shit every month), you also have to reach all of the Minimum Standards of Performance level to get a good evaluation (# of calls, # of customer visits, amount of time spent doing administrative bullcrap, working punctually (ie come in on time and don't leave too soon), and a whole bunch of other rubbish I won't get into here)

No it's called status-quo, nobody complains because they want to be able to do it themselves when the need arises, the prevailing attitude of working in government is if you get your work done who cares how long or short you speant on it.

Unless you work in a call centre, then your day is dictated to the very second.

"Coz I didn't leave there until after midnight and I'm legally required to be away from the workplace for 8 hours" (ha! like that works)

You guys are getting screwed, that's 11 hrs here :p

Finally a show that will sort me till Top Gear. Madventures. :cool:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKy7l3IjWzs[/YOUTUBE]

With or without youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Finally a show that will sort me till Top Gear. Madventures. :cool:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKy7l3IjWzs[/YOUTUBE]

Man that is a nuts and awesome show. I heard a funny phrase and wondered if you could help me with it. Riku said that something had been only discovered "30 summers ago" is that a common way of saying 30 years ago in Finland?

Man that is a nuts and awesome show. I heard a funny phrase and wondered if you could help me with it. Riku said that something had been only discovered "30 summers ago" is that a common way of saying 30 years ago in Finland?
Yeah. It's a common. You can also say someone is "x summers" referring to their age.

It looks like the Malaysian Grand Prix out my window! Also, I fell on my ass walking home from the bus stop on a slight hill and hurt my arm and got all muddy!
FML!!!