Random Thoughts....

...Why does it cost so much to rent a car in Boston but drop it off in New York? It would be $550 to do that, yet it would only be $160 to rent the car in Boston and return it to the same place. Stupid hertz being the only car rental company that gives a AAA discount (that I know of at least). Grrr!

I know New York has some nutty insurance laws for car rentals which about doubles the price per day, thats probably part of it.

As for birthdays I don't look at my birthday as being important anymore so why should anyone else's?

I don't get guys/boys/my brothers (and to some extend my bf).
Tomorrow is my dads birthday, I had talked with my mom about presents and stuff and kinda knew what I wanted to buy for him so it would be quick to do it today. When I was in the shop I thought that I better call my brothers and ask if they got him something, suprise suprise they didn't but they had thought about it :wall: Nice as I am I offer to buy something from all of us (a bigger thing of the thing I had planned to buy), but it's like this every damn time, birthdays, christmas whatever, one year I got a call in the afternoon of december 23th from my brother, he forgot to buy a present for our mom and wanted to know if I could go pick one up :rolleyes: luckily most shops are open late that day, but still...
Are you guys like that too or am I unlucky?

No, I remember my mum?s, sisters? g/fs and female friends & co-workers etc. :D
Dudes, nah!

Oh and my bf doesn't remember ANY birthday so I have to remind him when it's his parents, uncles, anyones birthday :???:

Ah, that?s because he has got you to do this.

Here's the deal, your b/f takes care of Polar Bears, spiders and burglars or any other thing getting onto the house, while you do everything else. :p

Last edited:
Ah, that?s because he has got you to do this.

Here's is the deal, your b/f takes care of Polar Bears, spiders and burglars or any other thing getting onto the house, while you do everything else. :p

I was suspecting this :p but he mostly point at spiders and tell me to look at them, then proceeds to do nothing if I don't shout at him, and I have a gun, I can take care of polar bears and burglars :p

My older brother took his girlfriend for her ultrasound yesterday to find out what they were going to have in September.

He was hoping for a boy.
Today, he's very very VERY happy. :D

Speaking of brothers, I'll have to call the younger one tomorrow to wish him a happy birthday.

I don't get guys/boys/my brothers (and to some extend my bf).
Tomorrow is my dads birthday, I had talked with my mom about presents and stuff and kinda knew what I wanted to buy for him so it would be quick to do it today. When I was in the shop I thought that I better call my brothers and ask if they got him something, suprise suprise they didn't but they had thought about it :wall: Nice as I am I offer to buy something from all of us (a bigger thing of the thing I had planned to buy), but it's like this every damn time, birthdays, christmas whatever, one year I got a call in the afternoon of december 23th from my brother, he forgot to buy a present for our mom and wanted to know if I could go pick one up :rolleyes: luckily most shops are open late that day, but still...
Oh and my bf doesn't remember ANY birthday so I have to remind him when it's his parents, uncles, anyones birthday :???:

You're too nice, maybe they rely on you to get the gift for them after you doing it so many times?

I know New York has some nutty insurance laws for car rentals which about doubles the price per day, thats probably part of it.

Really?

I figured I'd get a car in Boston, drive around to see things, drop it off in Worcester, take the Amtrak down to NYC and use the public transportation there. That makes the car rental ~$200 in MA, but it doesn't account for the stupid "Under 25" bullshit they seem to pull. :mad:

guilty! It's not that I don't remember the important dates, it's just that I can't think of stuff to buy, especially for women...

Really?

I figured I'd get a car in Boston, drive around to see things, drop it off in Worcester, take the Amtrak down to NYC and use the public transportation there. That makes the car rental ~$200 in MA, but it doesn't account for the stupid "Under 25" bullshit they seem to pull. :mad:

What, not planning on road tripping for four days across the US? :lol:

I have organised for my form to get our form tutor in iPod, because we won't have him in 6th form and collecting everyones money is frustrating. Moan over :)

guilty! It's not that I don't remember the important dates, it's just that I can't think of stuff to buy, especially for women
+1. I hate having to think about presents. Luckily, in my family it's common for the presentee to compile wish lists. And I have a big sister. :D
With my friends, it's another story, but mostly someone closer to the person in question is able to think of something.

Playing online poker, I lost ~15$ to a brutal suckout (Guy hit a gutshot straight flush against my king flush...) :-xSo, naturally, I went into a COLOSSAL tilt, spewing chips all over the place on the table for about 15 minutes.

..Ended up winning over a 100$ :huh::tease:

Why would you want to rent a car and drive around Boston? The place is hell for automobiles, almost as bad as NYC.

Alternatively, there's a commuter rail that's 6 dollars for a one-way trip from Boston to Worcester, and the Chinese bus to NYC is 15 bucks. (You could also stop by Worcester and say hi to me. :D)

You're too nice, maybe they rely on you to get the gift for them after you doing it so many times?

Yeah, but now they would panic if I told them to get it themself :lol: maybe I should start charging a service fee :p

guilty! It's not that I don't remember the important dates, it's just that I can't think of stuff to buy, especially for women...

I'm usually crap at buying stuff if I don't know what type of thing they like, luckily I mostly have guys to buy presents for.

But there is a good thing about my bf having such a crappy memory, he forgets how old I am :p

I figured I'd get a car in Boston, drive around to see things, drop it off in Worcester

why in the fuck would you come to Worcester this place is such a shit hole...

other than turtle boy of course

445px-Turtle_boy_love_statue.jpg

+1. I hate having to think about presents. Luckily, in my family it's common for the presentee to compile wish lists. And I have a big sister. :D
With my friends, it's another story, but mostly someone closer to the person in question is able to think of something.

Pfft....you guys are a bunch of amateurs.....or I am just strange, since I am excellent when it comes to choosing and buying gifts.

Last christmas for example...for my sister, tickets for the final farewell (I mean really the last one) concert of one of her favorite bands. Had to queue for the tickets at 10a.m. for 40 minutes, but it was worth it.

For my mother, being a waitress in highclass restaurants all her life and a wine expert, a wine cabinet for her wine collection.

For my father, who is a huge tennisfan, loves the sport to death and has been playing it from the 70's and now getting back to it after major hip surgery - a wooden tennis racquet, and not just any old racquet: the very same one he originally started playing tennis with, the first tennis racquet he ever had. He got all choked up and here we have a man who has cried maybe once in the last 10 years, when his mother died.

Or for my dad's 60th birthday a really expensive bottle of his favorite cognac and a photograf, well three, in one frame: one where he is with his mother, one with him and his father and one from his 50th birthday party where the entire family was present, him, his parents, and all of his children. This because his parents were the most important people in his life, and he was crushed when they passed away some years ago. He very appreciates these kinds of things, he is not a very materialistic person.

I consider gift shopping to be one of the easiest things ever, you just have to put some thought into it. ;)

Last edited: